Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Roger Horsch Roger Horsch Male, 50, United States (5/17/2013 2:22:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Donnaj York, This is a very good poem. I can tell that it comes from your heart. It flows so good with great description. We need more poets in this world that can write like you just did. Keep it up. Your friend in poetry.

Roger Horsch

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Donnaj York (5/17/2013 6:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Thank you Mr. Horsch. This means a lot coming from you, even though I don't know you, because in reading your comments, you clearly have poetic eye and ear, and the ability to advise in a thorough yet kind and gentle manner. I will be browsing your works.

Replies for this message:
    • James Kastner (5/25/2013 7:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

If you consider this a finished work, I'll withold the notes I have for you on it. However, if you want to explore a revision, let me know. Personally, I think this poem has a great deal of potentia ... more

• James Kastner (5/25/2013 7:31:00 AM) Post reply Stage

If you don't consider this a finished poem, I have some notes which I think might improve a poem, which in my opinion has a great deal of potiental. If you have no desire to make revisions, and feel t ... more

[Hata Bildir]