Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Badboy Vibes Male, 38, United Kingdom (5/9/2013 2:01:00 PM)

Discuss ways to improve your poetry.....THIS DOES NOT MEAN POST YOUR POEMS HERE.
Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better....AGAIN, THIS DOES NOT MEAN POST YOUR POEMS HERE.

It is so annoying to see these self obsessed attention seekers destroying these forums.And even more pathetic the few who reply to them and encourage it.
Get help and stop posting ya crap here ffs

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• James Kastner (5/25/2013 8:30:00 AM) Post reply

If you don't like a post or the responses to a post, just move on to a post which interests you. Others have a right to post what they want to, as you have a right not to read it and move on. Comments that someone's work is " crap" serves no useful purpose except to be inflamatory. Comments of any type should be constructve. If you think something is " crap: " , fine, but explain why you think itr is crap. If you aren't will to do that and take the time to do that, you would be better off not passing such summary judgements.

• James Kastner (5/25/2013 8:16:00 AM) Post reply

I guess I have too responses to your post. First of all, if you don't like a particular post and attached comments, don't read it and move on to a post that intrests you. That is basically my response to imposed censorship. Secondly, if you are going to give an opinion about others works or comments, be constructive. Calling something " crap" with no explanaion is just inflamitory and serves no useful purpose, other than to distract from the free flow of ideas.

• Donnaj York (5/10/2013 10:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What is worse in my opinion, is that when someone does use the forum for its intended purpose, no one will respond. Is communication a dying, (or dead) , art?

Replies for this message:
    • Roger Horsch Rookie - 1st Stage (5/11/2013 6:26:00 PM) Post reply

I will respond to you. Communication is not a dying or dead art. The forum is to communicate to others, to help others through giving of knowledge and Ideas. To help people to be a better writer of ... more

[Hata Bildir]