Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Mariona .c.richard Female, 16, Malta (4/23/2013 9:01:00 AM)

Hello everyone I need some help of how could I publish my poems, lyrics and books in here if you can help me please send a massage I would appreciate this if you help me step by step this is solo important for me! ! !

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Donnaj York (4/23/2013 6:52:00 PM) Post reply

I'm sure there are other people here who know more than I do, but I know a little. Most people, I think, self-publish these days. Blurb.com is one website. You could Google " book publishing" or something to that effect to find other websites and shop around for the best.

You get the printed text, pictures if you want to include them. You can choose from printed soft-cover, printed hard-cover, or plain hard-cover with printed book wrap....the whole bit. You make all the choices and decisions.

My family did one and my brother has done a couple. They come out very professionally printed and bound. Once completed, your book can be purchased on-line. There may be some kind of publishing options through Amazon. It isn't all that expensive. But then you come to promoting and marketing of which I have no knowledge or advice.

And I think maybe, if you are very good, and your book is really selling, it might get picked up by a publishing house? I've read some books that have information in the back about how to submit, but I think publishers are so inundated with submissions, that if submitted, your work might be like a needle in a haystack.

[Hata Bildir]