Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Shahzia Batool Shahzia Batool Female, 42, Pakistan (4/13/2013 12:28:00 AM)

(A question! ! !)

What is the status of awarding 10++++++ in the comment box, and not casting vote in the right column?or praising high while not casting a vote
means contradiction in our judgement of poetry?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Ace Of Black Hearts (10/29/2013 9:03:00 PM) Post reply

My opinion is that either is a good sign, because if they are commenting or voting, it means they read your poem.
    Though sometimes I think we lack the willingness to critique, when some of us have the ability to help others fix their mistakes.
    It not so much about judging as much as one would think.
    For me personally, I could have a million 10's or 1's and still it doesn't mean much.
    I prefer the comment all day long, for feedback is so important when you write.
    You both learn about yourself and your readers from it.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Unwritten Soul (4/13/2013 4:48:00 AM) Post reply

To me it doesnt matter, either one is great to have
    maybe because when you drop the comment
    you have to reload the page before give it marks
    ...anyway we cant ask people to do all
    as long they feel free to do so then it's okay
    freedom to them...either in the rating box or comment
    but i have to thanks for all readers who vote for me
    and Thanks Shahzia for inviting me to read and comment here

• Rookie - 1st Stage Donnaj York (4/13/2013 1:56:00 AM) Post reply

People don't tend follow rules, and when they do, not completely. Somtimes the rules aren't completely understood.
    I only have time to read a small portion of the poems coming into this site. Of what I read, some I really like, others not so much....
    ....but I feel I've read too few to have the right, or knowledge of enough of what is written, to rate or vote, so I never do, (at least I haven't yet)

I think the answer to your question is that a contradiction in a rating is a shortcoming on the part of the rater or voter.

Myself, I realize that we all have such different tastes as to what is good, bad, or mediocre, that.....who am I to judge?
    Maybe that's a lack of confidence on my part? Or maybe it more that I'm a, " to each, his own" , kind of person.
    My page and poems get very few hits and although I don't mind sharing, I'm also ok with obscurity because I write for myself, thereputically.

[Hata Bildir]