Post more comments

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Gulsher John Gulsher John Male, 69, Pakistan (4/7/2013 12:57:00 AM)

A letter sent to shazia batool, one of the profoundest figure on PH,
regarding the worth of poetic themes and purpose..........

U know the purpose of my writings is to make readers think, and start to ponder,
Unfortunately our faculty of inventive thinking is getting numb..... V r senseless, hypocrite and
We are behaving like driven cattle........
Ya u right my poems based on Green and Roman myth,
U better know how much those concepts are pregnant in meaning and erudite........
Ya sometime lil bit sensuality is not bad..... But what I see here are not worthy to praise except very few....... Most of the themes are old rotten caps everybody dying them as new(even myself)
Poetry is not just praising beauty or penning once psych.......
It a sources of inspiration, re-creation and redefining ideas and ideals.....
Its culture in re shaping,

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Shahzia Batool (4/7/2013 4:28:00 AM) Post reply

Much grateful Gulsher john...but standing on the still initial steps of learning, i know the connection of the global culture to the mythical world is strong that's why i don't think that writing about myth is anachronistic...as still hamartia causes sufferings, still modern life is an Odyssey, and man is odysseus...fate, nemesis and vengeance are still playing hide n seek in the masks of rise n fall of fortune...such is the worth of myth in modern life...but the concept of redefining the divinity needs a check to avoid any risk...as debates should be encouraged only for growth...

[Hata Bildir]