Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Theresa Haffner Female, 69, United States (2/14/2013 9:31:00 PM)

This is a terribly disorganized forum. There is no moderator or director, so everybody just posts anything everywhere. This section is for comments about writing poetry. Techniques. Tips. Technical things. Advice. Yet I see complete texts of poems here and appeals to comment on poetry when there is a clearly marked section for critiques. I see rhymed poetry posted in the free form workshop. Without a monitor to straighten this out, , it's like the forum overgrown with weeds. It makes everyone look like simpletons or rank amateurs, and it takes the fun out of it for people who are interested in a mature poetic discussion. The only solution to this is please THIMK what you are posting and where you are posting it. For all of us. Thank you.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• James Urwin (2/17/2013 11:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Well said....Shame it wont make a bit of difference tho...I have only been on this site for a few months and just lately instead of frustration, I now find humour here....How can you not laugh at the pathetic self obsessed attention seekers that plague this forum....Smart people, Bauetiful people and people brasing themselves for more....It is so funny, even if pathetic.I for one refuse to look at any poem posted here, and try to make a mental note to never look at such a persons work, ever again.
    The best thing this site could do if they cannot manage the forum themselves..is to let us all vote on posts, like or dislike...5 dislikes and they gone.

Replies for this message:
    • William Chaplar (2/18/2013 11:26:00 AM) Post reply Stage

You've made an excellent point. And, while you may not agree with what I've said in my posting dated 2/18/13, I do believe it meets with your suggestion.

[Hata Bildir]