Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/13/2014 4:11:00 AM) Post reply Stage

More than writing and posting simple poems on my account I used to read the various poems of the different poets of world which is a great experience to my mind and gives immense pleasure. The human imaginations are such wonderful diversity in various means and I likes to read more the poems and post my own simple comments which I make myself happiness. The life experiences, nature, , feelings and various subjects in the poems are most beautiful and the contribution from world renowned poets poems are so much given in the column which are very much interested.How wonderful their imaginations and approaches to the various subjects of human life? It is not an exaggeration but a fact that this opportunity of posting poems will surely make chances to the new comers to make their own talents in better spirit and results I think.

• Byju V (6/12/2014 3:13:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Poetry is perhaps the greatest discovery of humans. The process of writing poetry is a mystery to me, a non-poet. By the way, poetry is often considered the opposite of science. But I have come across a couple of poems which deal with actual, hard science. I will try to recover them. In the meantime, can anyone share a poetry based on science?

• Debra Robinson (6/11/2014 8:03:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to sharing my poetry, but have opened up a few for your review and comment this past week. I very much value your feedback, suggestions and recommendations, so if you have a few minutes I have a few poems up now. I welcome all feedback, good, bad or indifferent....

Kind Regards,

Debra Kay Robinson

• Pijush Biswas (6/11/2014 12:15:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Read my poems and comment.I will be highly happy if you do it.

• Pijush Biswas (6/11/2014 4:48:00 AM) Post reply Stage

My dear friends, I'm interested to know how much you like my poems.So friends, read my poems and write some comments on my poems.I hope I'll get what I wish from you.Let's see! !

• Elizabeth Padillo Olesen (6/11/2014 3:20:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Keith is right and I agree with him. Writing poetry is also delving into the depths of our heart. I cannot write poetry without feelings and conviction. These two must be there as propellers to write a poem or to revise and revise a poem. Otherwise if emotions and conviction are really there, one could be lucky that such a piece of poetry does not need to be revised at all. At times, a poet can look at it as perfect creation.

• Elizabeth Padillo Olesen (6/11/2014 3:16:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Great to know that there is a forum like this at Poemhunter.com. I have not really managed to find out what other offers are available here. To the question on improving poetry, I think it is a matter of feeling the moment, to formulate words and images out of something that has caught your attention. It is delving into it and spending time to give birth to its form and then seeing to it that the thought serves as clasp of the necklace that unites the lines.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/10/2014 9:41:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Good command on language and wide reading with lot of life experiences are the essential tools of a good poet that I think. Not only that the experience of human life its black and white situations, sufferings, and also the affluence makes one to understand the life. The nature and its beauty the different facts of nature, is also a point to be reckoned with for getting a inner vision to the poem one who writes the subject. The poems are wonderful creations of the human mind what to say in a poem in such a particular style which the reader tries to understand better based on his own meanings. A good poem that I think is a message to the human being and to the ultimate goodness of society where society is taken as a general subject beyond continental barriers and man made walls of divisions. A real interested reader is beyond the divisions of human made walls but his liking and commitment is to the poet and only the poet who leads him to a world of happiness and innermost feelings and tries to something to himself from the poem.Only universe is the limit of a poet to say his message in such beautiful language, rythm and likes as such by the readers. Here we get a very wide forum of poets with different talents and word power through such beautiful poems which we must take as a chance to understand.

• Keith Sifelani (6/10/2014 3:20:00 AM) Post reply Stage

First of all i think its something that needs to come deep down your heart
    not something you sit down and just write like school home /work.

• Kevin Patrick (6/7/2014 2:05:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

This is one of my first stabs at an English sonnet, although I did cheat, with the constructs of rhythm, I still have a lot of work

Blind is the ocean to the sound of its motion
    As it roars with momentum of immeasurable melody
    Cascading in whitecaps of sinuous elocution
    Against the gold Shorelines with foam balm fidelity
    And Astounded, I smile as my toes snicker gusto
    Flowing in the convent bonds of primeval sapphire
    That Drips like champagne into my pours and soaked muscles
    Lashing emulsified brine into Salt licking pyres
    Enraptured and serene, my vision twists of blue
    Grazing the vanishing points that single heaven and earth
    Are just the marginal lines of material sinew
    That draws reciprocity from once spiritual hearth