Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/28/2014 10:30:00 AM) Post reply Stage

While thinking about world poems of great poets who have mortally gone from this world but knows their name through their work is so much interested. Out of this the prominent figure and poet is Kalidasa in India and his place of birth and such details are still not correctly found. He stands in the great heights of world poets through the great poems he had written. Sankunthalam, Vikramorvaseeyam, Meghasandesam, Kumarasambhavam, amd also the great poem of Raghuvamsam are the main works in my knowledge. I have the experience of reading these poems which was originally translated from Sanskrit and it was experienced the wonderful creativity of the great poet of India for ever and still having such interests to read. These great poetry could not be easily read out and forget but these are poems of great comprehension and understanding require to oneself understand the inner meaning and also enjoy the stories in detail. I think that Kalidasa's poems are such marvellous one to be read by a person who have interest in world poetry.

• X. L. Woo (6/27/2014 9:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

A Poem for Fun (1)

Last night I dreamed an antelope,
    Who had with him a pink envelope,
    Which he'd mail to a lady antelope,
    Asking her with him to elope.
    But he's tripped on a steep slope,
    And lost his dear envelope.
    So it didn't reach the lady antelope.
    So the poor thing failed to elope.

Replies for this message:
  • Pijush Biswas (6/25/2014 2:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hei....ha..ha..ha
    Hu..hu..hu..hu
    What you do?
    Read my poems soon! ! ! ! ! !

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/25/2014 10:37:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Poetry is very important to the world we live in. The poets have a historical responsibility to save the humanity, kindness, peace, justice, and such good things for making this world beautiful to live. Poetic skill is an inborn talent just like music, arts, drawing etc. but the difference is a poet have to observe the world around him and the happenings in it in perfectly independent mind and create his own opinions which must be impartial and feel it himself for a selfawakening.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/23/2014 10:39:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I think imagination and real life situations with such memories are essential to a poet and also wide coverage in the world situations. The sacrifices, happy things, and all events of mankind is essential tools for a poet and poet is an observer and creative writer in such words of beauty.

• Rak Kites (6/21/2014 11:34:00 PM) Post reply Stage

HI friends Please help me to make a poem by using these Hindi rhyming words:
    DHARA-VASUNDHARA, CHAND-SURAJ, BADAL-AKASH, MOOR-SHORE, SUKH-DUKH, RATH-DINH, JAL-TAL.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/19/2014 4:17:00 AM) Post reply Stage

There are epic poems in different languages of the world and the period of their writing couldn't be found and I have wondered those periods of creativity and how beautifully they are written. The religious texts and poems also includes this. Every creation of epics in Indian philosphical and ethical texts exemplifies in superior wordings and having better counselling to humanity in such spirit of love, tolerance, and indulge in war only in such unavoidable circumstances and where enemy is totally against peace and there is no other solutions. Mahabharata, Ramayana, Bhagavatha purana like epics have such a most beautiful language and stories which gave guidance of the people of those times and relevant today and stands for inclusiveness among the humans.

• Micheal Olaniyi (6/17/2014 4:38:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hello ladies and gentlemen, i'm kindly inviting you to come and read my poems and i would love your comments. Thanks

• Rose Angel (6/16/2014 8:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Poetry means to me life everywhere
    Trusting God who for us all does care
    When you write from the heart
    Your life has a wonderful new start

Jot down ideas in a notebook wherever you go in your day.
    Write about what you experience every day

We are all poets. Just be creative with your thoughts and be your own poet.

• Kevin Patrick (6/17/2014 5:59:00 PM) Post reply Stage

So true, I have several little black notebooks filled with all sorts of couplets and lines that I jot down while walking or thinking and then later one write poems on them, half of my work involves ... more

• Penni Currie (6/14/2014 6:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I was searching for poems on depression but the first 3 on the list were all exactly the same but with different authors. Is plagarism a problem on this site, and if so how can I protect my poems?

• Kevin Patrick (6/17/2014 6:01:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I've never encountered that apart from one guy who " barrowed" entire lyrics from Pink Floyd songs to fit his poems. I would report to the website administrator immediately

[Hata Bildir]