Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie - 87 Points Ashok Kumar (10/5/2014 8:27:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

we should write every thing which comes in mind. with a flow and envolve real and lovely word

• Rookie - 279 Points Frederick James Bradley Moore (10/4/2014 9:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey i was wondering if you guys could help me find an ending for this im stuck
    and also please check out my other poems

To Be

To be broken
    only means
    you need to be built again

to be weak
    is only to except
    your not all powerful

to surrender
    only means you know
    you can't fight everything

to be told your a fool
    only means you need to search
    for wisdom

to hate
    only means you
    need more love

to be heartbroken
    only means you
    need to keep looking for love

no one ever sees their true purpose
    or knows why anything happens
    but if we can fight through anything

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie - 155 Points Aidan Cost (10/4/2014 8:22:00 PM) Post reply

Hello Im aidan, ive been working on a style of poetry similar to that of byron in the progression abababcc and it is about the failure of love in the 21st century, i would love any reviews i could be given as to improve and expand as a writer.
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/21st-century-love-3/

• Veteran Poet - 2,555 Points Abekah Emmanuel (10/4/2014 3:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Well, it seems we all have our own ways of penning down our poems. what we all seek to achieve at the end of the day is to communicate a message to the world. we want others to see what we see, feel what we fell and smile at what we are happy of. In doing this, we must put clarity first in order not to lead our readers astray. Lets keep writing!

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Rookie - 187 Points Zoila T. Flores (10/2/2014 12:59:00 PM) Post reply

Well, to write poetry is simple. Just have a thought in mind. Next, brainstorm down. and organize your thoughts and ideas. And last, form verses in rhyme.

• Rookie - 547 Points Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (10/1/2014 2:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

To improve the the poetry one must be Religious man qand read more about the religious books and philosophical books in order to improve the poetry writing

• Gold Star - 13,362 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (9/29/2014 11:20:00 PM) Post reply

Writing poetry and its capability is actually a very good blessing one gets through his own reading, learning, and also observing the life events and nature etc. Good and great poetry is for enjoyment as well as social awakening and I think poets have a responsibility to the readers and something as poetry they could not contented with. Best of ideas always will be welcomed and accepted.

• Veteran Poet - 4,978 Points Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black (9/28/2014 6:50:00 PM) Post reply

Since Poetry is a work of art the best poem is the one you write for yourself...

• Gold Star - 12,210 Points Mohammad Skati (9/27/2014 2:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Reading more poems helps even if you are poet or not. You need to know others' styles. Thanks.

• Rookie - 150 Points Mark Sebert (9/27/2014 8:38:00 AM) Post reply

I have discovered the best way to improve my poetry is to connect to my readers by asking questions. Is my poem interesting?Does it have a purpose?Does it produce the right emotion?And most importantly does my poem really communicate to the reader. Another crucial element is to not limit the poem, sometimes it has a mind of its own. To do this I do not make hard and fast rules, second even though I do not make hard and fast rules I strive to not title my poem until it is done (unless during a workshop) , and I always read my poem out loud. It may seem simple, but I got this sinking feeling that many amateur poets like me skip out on this part.

[Hata Bildir]