Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Gangadharan Nair Pulingat Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/29/2014 10:47:00 AM) Post reply

With my own vision and observation around my surroundings, meetings, and other occasions, I think about the various problems people faces and challenges they dealt with for a proper living. My most interested subject contains the human being's woes and sufferings and taking up the challenges of life through which I get an opportunity for a theme.

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (8/29/2014 4:14:00 AM) Post reply

Never stop writing, reading, or listening in all of your life simply because that will help you great.

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (8/29/2014 2:28:00 AM) Post reply

From this pretty forum, I do encourage everyone to enjoy writing poetry. Please never hesitate, but feel good to write anything. Thanks.

• Kay Staley Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 9:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

To write a good poem, first decide who you are writing it for. If the poem is for yourself then let yourself all out into your work; try to capture all of your feelings into it. If the poem is for other readers and you want it to be remembered/liked, then you have to follow their rules. I would advice to always rhyme your poetry because nonrhyming poetry is not remembered as easily. If you name your poems then make sure that the name is catchy and different. Dont make the poem to short (for fear people will think its a quote) and dont make the poem to long (for fear that people will think its a book) . Use drastic language and put in lots of emotion to make the reader identify. Be extreme in whatever you talk about. If you are being unrealistic, then go to the sky with it. If you are being realistic make sure to make it sad because life doesnt turn out that great and everyone knows it. Good luck writing poetry and if you need help or want to ask questions about ideas or anything like that, be sure to message me!

Replies for this message:
  • Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (8/27/2014 5:14:00 PM) Post reply

When anyone or any poet is tired writing poetry, just go ahead and read or listen to others' poems.

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (8/27/2014 5:12:00 PM) Post reply

To write a poem anytime, it means you have the inclination to do so. Just go ahead and never hesitate to write even one line, two lines, and a few lines.

• Pranab K Chakraborty Freshman - 2nd Stage (8/27/2014 12:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

...and finally write alone as many as possible better than to write nothing.

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (8/29/2014 2:30:00 AM) Post reply

This is great to write anything rather than not to write anything. Thanks.

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (8/26/2014 2:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear members, please be informed that there are pretty ways that help anyone writing poetry. Firstly reading a lot of poems and enjoying them to different poets. Secondly listening to audio tapes concerned with poetry. Thirdly writing any kind in any way just to motivate one's writing skills. If one's grammar is not strong, then he can start learning well. Fourthly relying on friends who are poets to get some help from. Studying the poetry's techniques well. I hope I offered good tips to all friends.Thanks.

• John Westlake Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/29/2014 3:06:00 AM) Post reply

Sir, you are forgetting about the possibility of collaboration with other poets. Also bouncing ideas off the heads of non poets can be useful if you use it right.

• Pranab K Chakraborty Freshman - 2nd Stage (8/25/2014 12:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Readers in truest sense do not bother the length and height of a poem. They simply find a poem to read which catches them to a flight of different world not they known it before.

• Pranab K Chakraborty Freshman - 2nd Stage (8/25/2014 12:27:00 PM) Post reply

Poem does not depend on its preoccupied measuring parameters. It's much mathematical practiced by those who are already mechanical with their forms not to expose undefined by it's spirit.

[Hata Bildir]