secret imagination longing
    to be bold
    I am the wind
    that echoes in your head
    I am your reason
    your silent unknown

copyright(c) 2012

• Gaylord Munemo (11/17/2012 6:18:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I would like to define first what I personally call 'Fluid Poetic Asseveration' in the discouse of modern day poetry. Fluid Poetic Asseveration is the descriptive diction that explain the changing and relative nature of modern day poetry. Poetry is not inherently primordial in its lexical synthesis. Personally I define a poem as a set of words that reflects an expression of the internal understanding of the external in a manner that the poet understands and chooses. The concept of 'orthodox poetry' should not be applicable in modern day vehemently beacause poetry can nolonger be witnessed as an art of the elderly trying to distort and hide meaning. Poetry is a tradition which cannot be traced to a particular specificity. The relative manifestation of poetry wipes away the notions of phrases like 'A poem must be like this'.

A poem consist of what the poet desires. The imperfection of a poem rests within a thought of a man trying to express what he feels in a man prescribed by another man. This brings me to the concept of 'fluidity' where poems should not be judged because there exist nothing like 'True Poems'. Whats can make a poem wrong is the judgement of the poet himself or herself. Poems should be open to comments of gramma and spellings not thought, its blatant for one to judge another's thoughts because the former cannot read the mind of the latter. I therefore bring the argument that poets should not be belittled by overzealous scholars whose ego and megalomania pushes them to view others as immature in poetry. As far as I know, A six year old baby can be a poet, poems are not about rhymes and those funny prescribed formats. I do appreciate the use of such as very helpful in not making one's diction a poem but making a poem interesting. Africa has its own historical notions that reflect poetry, so does America, Europe and all other parts of the globe. I greatly dishonour poets who think what they write is synonymous to 'true poems'.

I therefore bring an argument of the distinction between primordial poetry and socially constructed poems. Primordial poetry posits the inert nature of poetry as an expression of cognitive conciousness. I buy the notion that poetry is socially constructed. The environment around us has a direct and indirect impact on the nature of the poems we write or say. This disqualifies the ideology of classifying poems with words like complex; fine; simple. Poems only change their nature of expression and no one should judge. However comments and ratings do not measure the perfection of your poem, but rather the reception.

In summary, writing a good poem is not about meeting the standards of another man, regardless of the fact that he sold millions of copies, unless you are trying to make your poetry an enterprenual model rather than a lexicial model. The perfect of your poetry should be measured by your personal development of your personal goals in poetry. However it is of high importance to read the works of others and borrow styles you desire.

• Ruby Honeytip (11/15/2012 8:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Sometimes I write about things that frustrate me.... this happens to be one of those things.
    So much is decided upon the way a person looks.
    I wrote this about a friend of mine and the way she is treated by people.
    Do you think I should change the name?
    I introduce to you

Blinded by Boobies!

She is not skin and bones
    Of insignificance.
    She is intelligent substance,
    And decency of character.
    She is womanly flesh
    Of hand felt proportions!
    She knows her way,
    And will hold your hand
    Until you safely find yours.
    There is no judgement in her compassion,
    Although, there is a giggle in her eyes.
    There is a wiggle in her walk.
    Faith and love are the warmth
    In her nature.
    There is a nurturing heart
    Beating under the fullness of her breast....

Did somebody say 'Breast'?

The story ends there.

Look closer

© 2012

• Kaitlyn Brock (11/15/2012 9:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

hey i just started and i don't know where to go to post my poems can anyone tell me

Replies for this message:
  • Maria Midence (11/13/2012 2:44:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey guys! I know this has nothing to do with poetry, but would you please vote for my essay in order to win a scholarship?
    This is the link: http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/v3/essay62754-Miami-FL.aspx

Btw, this is not spam. Also, if you'd like to read my poems, check out my page!

Thank you very much! :)

• Steff Szabo (11/11/2012 8:52:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Heyy guys(:

• Alexis ... (11/10/2012 12:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hello Fellow Poets,

I invite you to Read and Comment honestly on my new poem " Caught In Distance" . Thank-you

Replies for this message:
  • April Swan (my Diary Of Bitterweet Chocolate) (11/6/2012 1:01:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I need help making a poem that Is light and happy for change. I am Asking for any Insperation, because all my Ideas like to twist on me some how.
    My Idea so far goes,

Lili fower flowers, candy, cake,
    oh how sweet they can be,
    but that beautifal angel
    oh how could it be,
    the art of sweet sesations,

its sound great, but have lost all my aspirations!
    what should I do?

• April Swan (my Diary Of Bitterweet Chocolate) (11/6/2012 11:00:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Great! though you were not crummy. those words were beautifal. Definitly better than a turd in my oppinion. No offfense all you turds. :)

• Jacob Rodgers (11/6/2012 12:25:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I know it must be hard, to lose someone that you love,
    but remember that she's watching you, smiling from above,
    Life can be unhappy and have very bumpy paths,
    You must only focus on the good things otherwise it'll turn into a wrath,
    You are such an innocent girl, so sweet and so nice,
    I want you to stay happy, so here's a word of advice,
    When ever you are unhappy, I'm always here for you,
    I trust you with my life, and I know you do too,
    If you're feeling down, and don't know what to do,
    Go look in the mirror, and look at successful you,
    I try my best to keep you smiling, because it brightens up the Earth,
    It doesn't matter what it takes, because it is always worth, (it)
    The way you always shine, always makes my day,
    I'm sorry if this poem, is just a little bit gay,
    You must alway stay happy, and keep your head held high,
    Then life will be great, as it quickly flys by,
    As long as you are safe, and don't do silly things,
    Then you should be excited, for what life will bring,
    This poem is so crummy, because these are my own words,
    I reckon it would be better, if it was written by a turd.

Sent it to her. :)

[Hata Bildir]