Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Jinny Kim (1/16/2013 6:50:00 PM) Post reply

I have a new poem called Life, please read and give me your opinion! :)

• Nic Hillen Rookie - 1st Stage (1/16/2013 2:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i have some poems i would like some opinions and feedback on]]hell on earth, , , , a elagant lady......goverment slave..thank you

Replies for this message:
    • Jinny Kim (1/16/2013 6:18:00 PM) Post reply

Hell on earth is so beautiful... I totally agree on what you're saying. The beautiful earth that was once here... Is fading away, at man's hand. I can feel the pain of Earth...

• Jinny Kim Rookie - 1st Stage (1/15/2013 7:52:00 PM) Post reply

I have a new poem (my first) called Troublesomes... I'm not sure if it's good, but please check it out!

• Arron Fowler Rookie - 1st Stage (1/15/2013 7:03:00 AM) Post reply

I would love it if poeple read my new poem Theres a Succubuss in my bedroom. Thanks guysss

• Donnaj York Rookie - 1st Stage (1/13/2013 8:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Question?

I'm kind of new here and I have 12 poems posted. Out to the side of the names of a few of my poems, in blue font is: (on-line)

I've been asking friends and family if they've posted these poems on face book or anything but so far no one I know has posted them anywhere.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE (on-line) MEANS?

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Donnaj York Rookie - 1st Stage (1/13/2013 3:40:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A lot of postings ask other members to read the poet's works, unfortunately, too many to oblige. Other postings are a poet expressing the desire for fame and lamenting the lack of being known.

But, (in my humble opinion) , we have to write for ourselves.....as an emotional-spiritual therapy of sorts, for the pure joy and fulfillment of it, or simply to share.
    I kind of think fame might suck. Too many people enjoy picking the famous apart, like vultures on a rotting carcass. Then if we try to write for monetary gain, mightn't that impede the flow of creativity?

There can be a peaceful kind of contentment in the quietude of anonymity. And even if a poet does not attain fame, if our thoughts and inspirations are in print, that is something we leave behind, so that when we are gone, we're less gone that we would be otherwise.

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Sandman Vivo Rookie - 1st Stage (1/11/2013 1:34:00 PM) Post reply

hate hate just hate what else in every move or every breath i fill like a stone on the top of the mountain i can't do any thing

• Breaking Allegiance Rookie - 1st Stage (1/5/2013 10:27:00 PM) Post reply

I'm kind of like.. a beginner, so can you please critique my poetry? I love to hear your opinions! Good or bad. Thanks.

• Sharron Stephenson Rookie - 1st Stage (1/3/2013 5:24:00 AM) Post reply

can someone please help i have a problem i can pnly write in black and someone i know has stolen my pen and it was the only one i could use what should i do

• Sarrah Murtaza Rookie - 1st Stage (1/3/2013 3:10:00 AM) Post reply

Friends...
    Please spare a moment to read my poems. It is my small contribution to the society we live in...
    i will appreciate your feedback.
    Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]