Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie - 24 Points Masoumeh Alizadeh (11/18/2014 5:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

hello every body

Replies for this message:
  • Freshman - 2,073 Points Pranab K Chakraborty (11/17/2014 11:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

A dreamer can't write poetry, poetry is the subject of illustrator who illustrates by words the dream of his/her own or of others. Poet illustrates beauty of the universe and extract beauty from extreme ugliness (if degree could be applied to define extremity) . Any way, word-artist who illustrates past-present-future, to be, not to be, etc. Poet enver waits to dream callously. Always poet fights to penetrate through dark to throw light of his/her own.

• Freshman - 2,073 Points Eric Ericson (11/22/2014 5:47:00 AM) Post reply

I will ask you to clarify what you mean by " a dreamer cannot poetry" . I am a dreamer and I write. Or do you mean one who only dreams and never by actions brings dreams to life?

• Freshman - 2,073 Points Elizabeth Padillo Olesen (11/18/2014 1:36:00 PM) Post reply

Maybe poetry can start as a dream in mind and heart, awakened by feelings and convictions and opinions on situations and happenings before us or around us. But it does not end there because poetry als ... more

• Freshman - 1,657 Points Elizabeth Padillo Olesen (11/16/2014 5:05:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Writing poetry is catharsis in itself, an exercise in self-expression that is healthy in mind, spirit and body.

• Freshman - 1,123 Points Soul Watcher (11/13/2014 8:47:00 AM) Post reply

Hey Guys! !
    who has the ability to write poetry in Arabic?I love reading that kind of poetry. :)

• Freshman - 1,000 Points Liqi Leakey (11/10/2014 2:52:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

ah, poetry is funny! i have been right for few years now..sometimes i loose morale and i would go for a month or two without writing anything if this happens, i am drawn back to writing and i find it a strange business again..even my old poems sound like they were never written by me.
    the choice of vocabulary seem strange and yet i wrote them.

• Freshman - 1,000 Points Mohammad Skati (11/12/2014 4:54:00 PM) Post reply

Thanks for your coming back. Please always look forward to write new poems and never stop. Thanks.

• Freshman - 1,138 Points Pijush Biswas (11/8/2014 8:35:00 AM) Post reply

Help me...if somebody gives tips, I would be able to improve my techniques and creative ideas.

• Freshman - 1,138 Points Pijush Biswas (11/8/2014 8:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Help me...if somebody gives tips, I would be able to change my techniques and creative ideas.

• Freshman - 1,138 Points Elizabeth Padillo Olesen (12/2/2014 5:07:00 PM) Post reply

You can also write prose poetry. Poems of this kind do not need to rhyme. There are also other forms in poetry and it is up to you to decide which form you will have and develop.

• Freshman - 1,138 Points Eric Ericson (11/16/2014 10:37:00 AM) Post reply

The best advice I can give you is to read poetry. read it aloud. Think about the meter. does it rhyme or not? Do you like it?do you like the rhyme?(why and why not) How would you do it differently? ... more

• Gold Star - 12,210 Points Mohammad Skati (11/8/2014 8:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Anyone can the poetry he likes or she likes, but gifted people (poets or poetesses) have their own ways in showing things or persons in a different way. Thanks.

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie - 46 Points Jon Hadley (11/6/2014 9:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Someone asked me today, how do I write my poems and it got me thinking, how do i?
    Because 100% of the time I do not think of a word or an idea for a poem, I just put a pen on paper and a poem happens.

The best way to think of it I suppose would be,
    My emotions use my hands, to create a poem, based on how they see and how they feel. And only after it is done my mind is allowed to catch up and admire what they have written

• Rookie - 96 Points Oliver Rowland (11/5/2014 8:30:00 AM) Post reply

as i love beat poetry so i would say that you should (as Alan Ginsburg said about Kerouac) write like jazz musicians play. i personally think putting pen to paper is far better than waiting for something to come to you. also read Blake :)

[Hata Bildir]