Chris Tuscano Harris
(2/12/2014 4:41:00 PM)
| Read 2 replies
Wouldn't it be nice if we used forums to actually talk about poetry and advice?
Wishful thinking.Replies for this message:
(2/19/2014 6:49:00 PM)
Seriously. Save the poems for your poet page, or another forum.
(2/15/2014 1:14:00 PM)
| Read 2 replies
Same here, Chris. I came over from another website hoping to find welcome from veteran poets. The most I see are bickering and backbiting. There are a few newbie who will gawk at veterans decapitating ... more
- Donna Chlimon (2/19/2014 6:49:00 PM) Post reply
(2/11/2014 8:09:00 PM)
This cold weather
That is hard to walk in.
I hope it gets warmer.
Even though bad times are stressful.
Working and studying is why I'm tired.
And Lord knows I haven't been restful.
So much to do and so much pressure.
This life try to build fear upon me.
But i know I got the power to build a strategy at any measure.
I pray for the lord to keep my mind in full consciousness.
When demons try to scare.
Because I know I can't lose nothing less.
I ask myself how can I win?
To be able to pass every test.
To be able to be a fox to observe every trap at my best.
And be a lion to put fear upon my enemies by success and happiness
(2/11/2014 8:03:00 PM)
You just a lady in a red cloak.
With black spots that symbolize your sorrows.
You walk on the gardens.
Giving birth to the flowers.
May I pardon.
Have you came from the heavens my darling.
The way you spread your love with passion.
And those gold material thing don't mean fashion.
The art of your beauty is the fashion is forever everlasting.
Right now I'm look at view of God's creation.
But I see that your sorrow are not invisible.
Why do you worry?
(2/11/2014 7:56:00 PM)
A War story
Don't close your eyes my friend.
We are at war with the enemies.
Don't fall my friend.
We at war with the enemies.
Don't be behind my friend.
We at war with the enemies.
Don't cry my friend.
We will see our families.
(2/11/2014 7:54:00 PM)
Don't forget me.
Because I got plans.
Plans that was put on God hands.
Before he created me.
A future that he see.
Don't forget me.
Because the love I show.
Even though I know.
That you would hate to see me go.
But I got Plans.
A risk is what I take a chance.
(2/11/2014 7:52:00 PM)
You just misunderstood
You know what you want but its never good.
Like a dream that never come true.
So now you feeling so blue.
Because the man you love wasn't honest.
And now you being modest.
But he still don't understand.
Because you just asking for a simple demand.
You find out this relationship never work out.
And now you eating Ice cream and pout.
You watching a love story.
And finding that love is your only glory.
You are pouring out your tears.
Because men been hurting your for years.
You ask yourself why you went with them?
You now have trust issues.
Crying with a box of tissues.
You got that fear about love.
And all you need is just a hug.
All you need is a hug love one.
A broken heart torn by love.
The men treat you good at first.
But then they treat you like animal.
Mate after mate and you was just a bait.
And all you want to do is just wait.
And wonder if God send you someone good.
Someone that is not hood.
But someone good............
(2/10/2014 12:21:00 AM)
Emerson's essay on Self-Reliance should be required reading since this is a forum for writing poetry.
Not all but some of the poems that are posted here are pure flatulence but don't sniff too hard there is enough to go around.
(2/9/2014 4:07:00 AM)
WHO IS POET
Who is the Poet
Poet is a different personality in the universe,
Whose voices come from soul
Not lip, throat, heart, brain....
Truly voice of the Almighty
And every voice is universal truth
Poet is not a part of any country, political parties and ism
Poet creates different universe and true-ism
And true leader, guide of the people in the universe.
ONLY FOR YOU
Known, nothing will be written about me
In any poem, story or essay
Known, will not receive any co-operation from Governments
Any honest or dishonest award...
Nobody will burn incense on the day of my death
Except my wife!
Nobody will celebrate my birthday
My birthday celebration will not happen...
Although I am walking...thinking...creating...
Only for You....Only for You...
Only for You...My dream future...
God And Woman (English & Bengali)
God And Woman
I did not want anything from The Almighty
Sacrificed untouchable realization
Which is symbol of myself
And dedicated emotions, silence.
I did not demand anything from the woman
Allowed her into the corner of my mind
Which is the center of bleeding
And presented my intuition.
The Almighty and the woman repeatedly call
Destruction in my lonely life
It's the ability to do more by them...
(2/8/2014 9:40:00 AM)
The full moon over Ayvalik
Translated from Uyghur by Abdusami Sadir
The shadow of the full moon over Ayvalik1
Is drifting on the Marmara Sea tonight.
It is dancing with the lively fish,
Singing praises of love!
On the opposite shore
I am subject to solitude.
With yesterday’s thoughts and feelings
Only adding to my sorrow and confusion.
This evening, which took shape before my eyes
and captivated me, is exhausted.
My heart is pierced by the wild feelings
Newly born within me tonight.
The moon-like siren at Ayvalik
Is singing on the Marmara Sea,
Urging me forward towards her.
From the closest shore to you
Cannot wait until you come,
So I catch your shadow and make a boat,
Wishing to set a-sail.
I wish to take you,
Onto my parched heart,
burning like fire in the Teklimakan.2
Have the pearl-like eyes in the sky
Made a place for you to stay?
Have the precious stones in the sea
Fallen down from you?
They are twinkling and cutting through the horizon,
On this mysterious night.
Together with the stars you become a torch,
A warship between the darkened clouds.
You are unmatched in this world
So I obey you in silence.
The night, which kisses the horizon,
Also pays homage to you.
The full moon over Ayvalik,
I have begun to recognise you now,
I have made a mark on you.
Have you been here before?
Have you come from my own distant sky?
From the nights of
And the six cities?7
You moon of mine…”
I wish to shout out with all my heart.
Born as a diver upon the beach of Ayvalik,
Questions have come to me and
I wish to find the answers:
A place in Turkestan,8 far from the sea,
Which saw you this very night.
Did you recognise the people from Ayköl?
Was darkness enshrouding Aydingköl?9
Were the dogs barking in Aqsu?10
When young men became martyrs in Lükchün,11
When vultures filled the evening skies of Yilqa,12
Were the doe which disappeared from Maralbéshi,13
Crying by the Tarim River?14
Full moon over Ayvalik,
Did you recognise on your trip today;
The people, who love the crescent moon and stars,
Who say: “We are not a white flag”?
Those who believe in Khan Tengri,15 which every evening
lays out like a white carpet onto your path?
And the Teklimakan,
A mystical place with an ocean of sand,
Capturing precisely your own reflected shape?
Since I have gone through so much
My feelings are rushed,
Moving in every direction.
The early arrival of God’s light
Adds sorrow to my peaceful heart.
It wishes to steal it away,
so drags the full moon over Ayvalik
away to the west!
Life continues as normal in the streets of Ayvalik,
The sound of Adhan16 in the loudspeakers,
Calling us to the morning prayer…
In the amusement arcades on the seafront
Foreign music is playing.
The barking of dogs,
The clucking of hens,
Sweethearts on the street corner being driven away.
Full moon over Ayvalik,
I am an artist tonight
So I shall paint on my heart
The shadows on the Marmara Sea.
My pen has drawn a chain to tie you to the ocean,
Yet the ink became blood and I scribbled you out,
Staining your face!
If you leave at this very moment,
Then I beg from you on your return
When you see the Teklimakan,
When you kiss the Tengri Mountains,
To bring greetings from your slave who loves you,
From this exiled Uyghur,
I was waiting for you in Ayvalik,
But is life really this romantic?
I cannot smile,
I do not even have a smile,
So how is it possible to force one?!
O, my moon…
The full moon over Ayvalik,
I shall never give up hope.
I shall never abandon my desire.
Through this night,
Through your light,
I am in love with you.
23rd August 2013
Read the original version of this poem in Uyghur language:
1. Ayvalik (Turkish: Ayvalik) is a sea-side town on the North-Eastern coast of Turkey.
2. The Teklimakan (Uyghur: ??????????) is the world’s second largest shifting-sand desert, located in the current Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
3. Ayköl (Uyghur: ??????) is a town currently in Aqsu Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
4. Aybagh (Uyghur: ??????) is a township currently in Awat County, Aqsu Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
5. Küybagh (Uyghur: ??????) is a town currently in Poskam County, Kasghar Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
6. Altay (Uyghur: ??????) is a city currently in Ili Kazakh Autonomous County, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China. This city is named after the Altay Mountain Range, which holds great symbolic meaning for the Turkic people of the region.
7. The ‘Six Oasis Cities’ (Uyghur: ????? ?????) is a traditional name for the major oases towns of the region, namely: Khotan, Yarkand, Kashgar, Üch-Turpan, Yengisar, and Aqsu.
8. Turkestan is a Persian word, literally meaning ‘Place of the Turks’. It refers to the cultural and linguistic sphere of the Turks, used generally to define the region of modern-day Turkic Central Asia.
9. Aydingköl (Uyghur: ?????????) meaning ‘Moonlit Lake’ is a lake, currently situated approximately 30km from Turpan City, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
10. Aqsu (Uyghur: ?????) is a major city and seat of the Aqsu Prefecture, currently in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
11. Lükchün (Uyghur: ??????) is a town currently in Pichan County, Turpan Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
12. Yilqa (Uyghur: ???????) is a township currently in Kargilik County, Kashgar Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
13. Maralbéshi (Uyghur: ?????????) is a county currently in Kashgar Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China. Its name literally means ‘Doe’s Head’, hence the reference to the doe in the text.
14. The Tarim River (Uyghur: ????? ???????) is the main river of the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
15. Khan Tengri (Uyghur: ????????) is one of the tallest mountains in the Tengritagh Mountain Range, situated between the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. The name Tengri refers to a deity in Old Turkic and Mongolic belief, literally meaning ‘sky’.
16. Adhan (Arabic: ???????) is the Islamic call to worship, which is called out from mosques five times a day.
(2/7/2014 4:03:00 AM)
hey i just wanted to share a poem i written in class
its call " Midnight Skies"
The stars above gives glimmers of light
to the darkness of night
ripples paint the skies
beneath a river lies
and on its shore a city subsides
and set ablaze by city lights
but far from sight
stand two together
frail and fragile
they lean on each other