Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie Rak Kites (6/21/2014 11:34:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

HI friends Please help me to make a poem by using these Hindi rhyming words:
    DHARA-VASUNDHARA, CHAND-SURAJ, BADAL-AKASH, MOOR-SHORE, SUKH-DUKH, RATH-DINH, JAL-TAL.

• Gold Star - 13,566 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/19/2014 4:17:00 AM) Post reply

There are epic poems in different languages of the world and the period of their writing couldn't be found and I have wondered those periods of creativity and how beautifully they are written. The religious texts and poems also includes this. Every creation of epics in Indian philosphical and ethical texts exemplifies in superior wordings and having better counselling to humanity in such spirit of love, tolerance, and indulge in war only in such unavoidable circumstances and where enemy is totally against peace and there is no other solutions. Mahabharata, Ramayana, Bhagavatha purana like epics have such a most beautiful language and stories which gave guidance of the people of those times and relevant today and stands for inclusiveness among the humans.

• Rookie - 48 Points Micheal Olaniyi (6/17/2014 4:38:00 AM) Post reply

Hello ladies and gentlemen, i'm kindly inviting you to come and read my poems and i would love your comments. Thanks

• Rookie Rose Angel (6/16/2014 8:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Poetry means to me life everywhere
    Trusting God who for us all does care
    When you write from the heart
    Your life has a wonderful new start

Jot down ideas in a notebook wherever you go in your day.
    Write about what you experience every day

We are all poets. Just be creative with your thoughts and be your own poet.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Kevin Patrick (6/17/2014 5:59:00 PM) Post reply

So true, I have several little black notebooks filled with all sorts of couplets and lines that I jot down while walking or thinking and then later one write poems on them, half of my work involves ... more

• Rookie - 136 Points Penni Currie (6/14/2014 6:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I was searching for poems on depression but the first 3 on the list were all exactly the same but with different authors. Is plagarism a problem on this site, and if so how can I protect my poems?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 136 Points Kevin Patrick (6/17/2014 6:01:00 PM) Post reply

I've never encountered that apart from one guy who " barrowed" entire lyrics from Pink Floyd songs to fit his poems. I would report to the website administrator immediately

• Gold Star - 13,566 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/14/2014 9:45:00 AM) Post reply

I think great poems of great poets and opportunity of reading and understanding such poems makes a man so positive in terms of humanity. From school days onwards talented children must be given proper opportunities to read and understand great poet's poems and their life stories, and try themselves to make little lines of poems within their imaginations and inspired by the parents and teachers to make the child a responsible individual of tomorrow. Surely such a grown up child will be an asset to the society and will be himself a member of world community who may help to make this world with happiness to live with co operation, humanity, and all good qualities that are the aspiration of the scholars and philanthropists and philosophers as well as responsible statesmen in repute.

• Gold Star - 13,566 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/13/2014 4:11:00 AM) Post reply

More than writing and posting simple poems on my account I used to read the various poems of the different poets of world which is a great experience to my mind and gives immense pleasure. The human imaginations are such wonderful diversity in various means and I likes to read more the poems and post my own simple comments which I make myself happiness. The life experiences, nature, , feelings and various subjects in the poems are most beautiful and the contribution from world renowned poets poems are so much given in the column which are very much interested.How wonderful their imaginations and approaches to the various subjects of human life? It is not an exaggeration but a fact that this opportunity of posting poems will surely make chances to the new comers to make their own talents in better spirit and results I think.

• Rookie - 27 Points Byju V (6/12/2014 3:13:00 AM) Post reply

Poetry is perhaps the greatest discovery of humans. The process of writing poetry is a mystery to me, a non-poet. By the way, poetry is often considered the opposite of science. But I have come across a couple of poems which deal with actual, hard science. I will try to recover them. In the meantime, can anyone share a poetry based on science?

• Rookie Debra Robinson (6/11/2014 8:03:00 PM) Post reply

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to sharing my poetry, but have opened up a few for your review and comment this past week. I very much value your feedback, suggestions and recommendations, so if you have a few minutes I have a few poems up now. I welcome all feedback, good, bad or indifferent....

Kind Regards,

Debra Kay Robinson

• Freshman - 1,165 Points Pijush Biswas (6/11/2014 12:15:00 PM) Post reply

Read my poems and comment.I will be highly happy if you do it.

[Hata Bildir]