Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Nibedita Deb (4/4/2006 10:32:00 PM) Post reply

Hi

As a child I had read John Milton's 'On his blindness' - the poem had eally touched me. But probably I was lacking in something - experience. A week back the doctor told me I would have to use glasses. No not blindness, just a minute power. But today when I find that the little distant objects, which I could earlier see clearly, are now blurred, and wavy, and that I can't see it clear again without a pairof spectacles, I can't explain what I feel. Of course I am not the only the person to have an eye disorder, but i thought i should share this experience:

Images falter from their orbs
    Circling in my cornea
    The lines are lost
    Jagged ends of dimmest silhoutte
    I see this world thrown into shades
    Or hidden behind thick glasses
    Clarity lost into vague glass paints.

Nibedita Deb.
    Kolkata.
    India.

• Azura Cerise (4/4/2006 10:12:00 PM) Post reply

Nibs!

Thank you for your kind message.
    I will remember what you said.
    You see I am very very lazy and don't feel like typing out my poems!
    No, but for a sweet friend like you, I will.

Love,
    And kisses...
    Azura.

• Nibedita Deb (4/4/2006 10:08:00 PM) Post reply

* This message is for Azura Cerise.

Well, ... Azura,
    Everything needn't to be taken seriously. You will always have a way out if you keep yourself aloof from everything that is unnecessary...Unnecessary relationships, unnecessary correspondence and unnecessary talks. Drill this into your mind that we have come to poemhunter for and only for poems. Our focus should be that and just that, and nothing else. Make sure that everything you do here educates you, enriches your faculty of mind.

You see you are a year older than me, but somehow you are less used to what I should call as 'diversions'.: -) So leave all that and just have fun. Write some good poetry and send it to poemhunters.

You are a real sweet girl!

The fullest of my love,
    (And kisses too! for you)
    N.D.

• Tiyler Durden (4/4/2006 6:15:00 AM) Post reply

My rhyme

I hate the polish pizza man
    I raped his dog inside my van
    I like my toast
    with a side of ham
    I raped the polish pizza man

I hate the one-legged paper boy
    I raped his ear with an almond joy
    I beat off to the real McCoy
    I hate the one-legged paper boy

now comes the point where I need help...
    the rules are simple-first you put who you hate
    -then you put what you raped
    -then you put something that is irrelevant to the whole thing
    -end it with the first line
    -be as disgusting and vile as possible

• David Darbyshire (4/4/2006 3:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I would like very much for all of us interested here at Poem Hunter, to write a Poem. I David Darbyshire would start the Poem with one line and my name e.g.:

Roses are red (Dave Darby)
    Violets are Blue (Cat Stevens)
    I have no Clue (Pat Gale)
    Either have I (G. Bush)

The secound/third/forth/fifth/.... persons would have to write only one line and then there name and so on until finished....

We would have to decide on a few things, different ideas welcome.
    So please pop by add your name and we will start..see how it goes...OK

I have also pasted this in Poetics & Poetry Discussion

Love to All, and to Poem Good night

THX dave....

Replies for this message:
  • Nibedita Deb (4/3/2006 8:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

What can you say about the relationship between Mathematics and Poetry?

a. No relation at all.
    b. There is a relation.
    c. 'All the subjects are somehow related! '

(If you choose a/b - please don't forget to pen your justifications.

Nibedita Deb.
    Kolkata.
    India.

• denis joe (4/3/2006 2:19:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I recently spent two-and-a-half months in prison in Liverpool. During that time I worked on 14 poems (sonnets) . What struck me about prison life was how much it was like the outside world: limitations on access to certain areas; the constant need to identify oneself and even the people themselves. The attitude of the cons was, generaly a selfish one and I was seen as being an oddity (at one time i was suspected of being a nonce, which proved temporally hair-raising) .

The sonnets that I wrote, I feel are not prison poems; I think that they can be seen as works concerning everyday life. To an extent I think that this is a sad reflection on society in general but it certainly increased my outlook and hence made better my work.

Inside I recieved a lot of support and encouragement. The 'us and them' situation, between staff and prisoners, was, virtually, non-existant and I was helped with contacts in the local poetry scene (even to the extent of fixing a gig for me at the Philharmonic hall)

I am leaving the Ian Syder works as they are and will not be using that name again to write works though I do hope to bring out a collection of poems that will include the Ian Syder works under my name.

Denis Joe

• Nibedita Deb (4/3/2006 8:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Just a question - Were all prisoners of the same feelings and opinions about imprisoned life? Nibedita Deb. Kolkata. India.

• Nibedita Deb (4/2/2006 8:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A good thinker with the capacity to feel is half poet - agree/disagree?

Nibedita Deb.
    Kolkata.
    India.

• Rhapsody Teak (4/2/2006 8:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

disagree. just because you feel emotion and are a free/radical/good thinker doesn't mean you are able to write. Your poems can have meaning, but no rhythm. or maybe emotion but no meaning. but meaning ... more

• Cynthia Garza (3/31/2006 7:22:00 PM) Post reply

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good poems that talk about desire to succeed.

• Vega Star (3/26/2006 10:24:00 AM) Post reply

Greatings, I'm not new to poetry. I would like some feedback on my 6 poems that I wrote.

[Hata Bildir]