Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Kailee Williams (9/30/2006 10:04:00 PM) Post reply

Hello fellow poets.
    I have written several poems on this site, and I have shown them to a few of my close friends and teachers. I was just looking for feedback on them, because I would love to get them published sometime in the near future. (Even though I'm only fourteen, I set extremely high goals for myself.) I would truly appreciate it if you would read them and let me know what you think! Thanks!

May the darkness embrace you,
    Kailee

• Drax Ireland (9/28/2006 9:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi
    I've written a little piece entitled '10 Ways to Make a Living as a Poet '

http: //hubpages.com/_2r1tzus88lidg/hub/poet_finances

Thanks
    Drax

Replies for this message:
    • Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 7:06:00 PM) Post reply

It is not easy to have a book published it is hard First you have to know your readers and what the readers want One of the best poets that are around is Pablo Neruda Robert Frost When you read ... more

• Gavin Shaw (9/28/2006 1:57:00 AM) Post reply

Hi poets
    My name is Gavin Shaw I have just set up a website for poets to display their works on my site. I am a poet & have posted on my site now i would like other poets who want to get their work out there to post on my site.
    The site will be given out to publishers & you may even get published.
    Your works will be 100% protected and all interest in your works will be posted to you via email theredwoodman@hotmail.com
    Please send the poems you would like displayed & a short biography
    Thank you
    Gavin

• Goldy Locks (9/24/2006 3:44:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Brian: You're drunk.
    Stewie: You're sexy.

• Christopher Murphy (9/19/2006 11:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hi..im new here...i seem to have found an outlet for my inner feelings through the wonderful world of poetry. although i know nothing of it...i presume there are different styles etc...can anyone give me some advice or some addys i can get help to develop. thankyou..chris. ps any feedback on my poems would be appreciated.

• Kelly Morris (9/20/2006 8:10:00 PM) Post reply

You can try www.everypoet.org if you want some excellent feedback. Be warned, though, that they don't sugar coat anything there. It can be a pretty tough place for newer poets. If you want to check ... more

• Ebone' Ingram (9/15/2006 11:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

yeah...i just sent something...but anywho, does anyone do slam poetry? and if so, can you give me some pointers on how to do it...?

• Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 7:19:00 PM) Post reply

I don't use any slam in poetry I believe it will put of the reader By insulting It is the same thing when you listen To a song in the radio If you listen to Rap You will know all the bad words ... more

• Goldy Locks (9/24/2006 3:50:00 AM) Post reply

sure, i could give you some pointers. you can approach it as a persuasive piece, which i feel has a better connotation. go about what you want to say in a direct, forthright manner. careful to be ve ... more

• Ebone' Ingram (9/15/2006 11:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

poetry is truly the writer's. you don't have to make it rhyme for anyone or be a certain way...that's why it's hard for me to write what someone tells me to. just use your emotions as your medium-anything tangible can be poetic. I have about 66 poems on the site, whosoever will may write comments

eni da kid (Ebone' Ingram)

• Steve Hagget (9/16/2006 5:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

You are right - you should never write in the way anyone tells you too. That was good advice given to me when I started and is worth sticking with...

• Jessica beerbubblebaby Madrazo (9/11/2006 2:37:00 AM) Post reply

Hello. I just signed up today and posted 2 poems. I hope to get some comments if you have the time to check them. Thank you!

• Mathew Lewis (9/10/2006 11:38:00 AM) Post reply

Hey guys. Posted some new stuff the other day and would really really appreciate some feedback. Otherwise keep writing and remember this quote, (I forgot who said it though) 'Any good writer is like a second government in his/her country. For this reason no government has ever liked good writers.'

• Salir Airosa (9/9/2006 11:26:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, I'm new to PoemHunter, but I've been writing poetry ever since I was a little girl. I'd love some critical oppions, so I'd be much oblidged if you'd check my poems out and tell me what you think. Thanks!

~Salir Airosa

[Hata Bildir]