Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Dylan Barker (4/5/2007 8:53:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, would you guys read poems by me?

• Isaias Rendon (4/3/2007 11:20:00 AM) Post reply

Can you people please comment on my poems and ways to improve them. Such as techniques, tips, and other creative ideas please. thank you

• Hannah Chiz (3/30/2007 4:11:00 PM) Post reply

Hey, I'm 15 years old, and I'd really like a chance to impress some more experienced writers and get my stuff noticed!

I have an intense passion for words, and I have developed a unique style through combining my love of para-rhymes (a style used in hiphop) without sacrificing the meaning of the poem.

My poems are all pretty intense, and I have loaded two onto the system.
    I would greatly appreciate some opinions or comments, critical or otherwise.
    I will return the favour!
    Thankyou for your reading time

Hannah x

• Brandi Cuff (3/30/2007 9:15:00 AM) Post reply

Hi my name is Brandi and I strongly agree with giving poems an intresting name as a matter of fact I thought of that as well. I would really appreciate it if you wii give me constructive crticism on my poems. Please be completely honest. Thanks so much in advance!

• Oni Hayes (3/16/2007 10:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Try to come up with enticing Titles for your poems. To be honest when I am looking at poems to read I pass by some great poems because the titles are ordinary. The more Intriguing, the more viewers. On that note when reading poetry look at the poems with simpler titles as well.

Replies for this message:
    • Stug Jordan (3/28/2007 12:10:00 PM) Post reply

Do you ever get the trouble of thinking up a brilliant title, but not having the right words to put under it? I agree with your idea. A title is a synopsis, advertisment and (sometimes) a poem all in ... more

• Garret Schuelke (3/27/2007 11:33:00 PM) Post reply

Agreed, though at times a 'mild' title is the best way to describe a poem.

• Oni Hayes (3/16/2007 10:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I really need constructive critisim on my poems so,
    tell me which needs improving or changes.

I would greatly appreciate the favor
    OB.H

• Red Blooded Black Hearted (3/22/2007 9:37:00 PM) Post reply

I always find it difficult to give constructife criticism or any type of criticism when it comes to any type of art. Because true art is in the eye of the beholder, there may be a poem out there that ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage Petra Creffield (3/8/2007 2:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hi there everyone i wrote this last week - all feedback welcome

S quirming and squealing from deep down within
    E ntwining my mind, spittle-hissing all of my sin
    L ocking me in icy-grip till the tears burn my eyes
    F ire-ridden despair blocking out all the blue skies

L icking and sordid masochistic-pig disgruntled
    O pen-heart wounded bleeding, branded and humbled
    A ll of their names black-scorched into torn flesh
    T he ones that hurt twisting knives whisper in the cloud
    H ell-bound chanting their blame and their shame
    I nsomnia breeds trying to breathe through the pain
    N ight-time sweats pale panic beating my chest
    G ot to keep riding these waves, eventually they rest.

Petra Creffield February 2007

more on my profile page...thx for reading
    Px

• Michael Fischer (3/27/2007 12:24:00 PM) Post reply

That was pretty good. I liked the vivid description in it. You painted a detailed picture with that one. I've put up about 40 poems of mine on my profile page. Check some of them out and let me kn ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage Jimmy Watkinson (3/1/2007 3:13:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear all,

I have currently run out of inspiration to produce new poetry. I have not had a great deal of feedback on my exisiting 37 pieces on this site. I would greatly appreciate some feedback left in order for me to get back on track.

May I please recommend starting with the poem - 'When All Other Lights Go Out'

Many thanks,

jw

• Goldy Locks (3/2/2007 12:27:00 AM) Post reply

The less compelled you are to try to prove yourself to others, the easier it is to feel peaceful inside. [Apparently]. (That's peaceful, not complacent) .

• Rookie - 1st Stage Daphne Grant (2/28/2007 3:37:00 PM) Post reply

When ending a stanza or verse; do not write the first silliest rhyme that comes into your head, try to be original, it may take longer, but it will improve the poem threefold, and make more sense. Put it away in a drawer rest it, bring it out and new inspiration will help you find the right finish for for poem. Don't be trite.

Daphne Grant

• Rookie - 1st Stage Cynthia Ward (2/27/2007 7:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I write poetry when I need to work through a situation, a crisis, an event, a person. If my desk is messy and I can't wash the dishes and my underwear has been on for three days or more then it is a good indication that I am in the chaos of creativity.

Think of something that moves you then write.

• Ronald Clark (2/27/2007 7:39:00 PM) Post reply

Very true, and i like the choas of creativity. I find writing through a death in the family or a crisis im going throught to be good times to write.

[Hata Bildir]