Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Mathew Lewis (7/7/2006 6:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hey guys and girls. I know this isn't technically what this page is about but I've just posted a poem called Angel eyes and I'd really appreciate you reading it. I dont know if its any good but its about something really close to my heart and it would be great if you could comment on it. Thanks all.

Replies for this message:
    • Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 8:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

The angel eye poem is amazing It is very deep BY reading the poem I can see that you ar very romantic And like company Also you like angels

• Red Blooded Black Hearted (6/26/2006 9:22:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey all! ! ! ! I only started on poemhunter this year and am still a baby on poem writing. I was wondering if u all could help me, all or most o my poems are rhymes and I was wondering of any techniques on writing without rhyme.

Hugs, Rissa: -)

• Dana Tyrrell (6/26/2006 7:24:00 PM) Post reply Stage

hello all.
    ive been having a bit of a draught of fresh ideas and inspiration for new poems...can anyone help?

• Richard Cock III (6/26/2006 1:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Posted some new stuff. Have a look, if you DARE...

• Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 8:38:00 PM) Post reply Stage

All the title for your poems are horrible You send the wrong message The message that i get is that You don't know right from wrong The poem Old lady should be title Senior or Elder You don't ha ... more

• Tamara Moir (6/25/2006 4:51:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hello, I just put a poem on this site, and I was wondering if anyone would mind reading it and giving me some feedback? It is called 'Jealousy Got The Best Of Her'

http: //www.poemhunter.com/p/m/poem.asp? poet=101568&poem=3690835

Thank-you in advance

• Untitiled and unnamed (6/25/2006 12:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hey All...

Do any of you listen to music as you write your work? ? I find that it helps to listen to tracks from, Enigma, Robert Miles, Enya, when I'm sad, Faith No More and other metal groups when I am angry and fustrated...

Would love to hear your thoughts if music influences your work...?

Keep up the good work everyone as I do enjoy reading it,

God bless, and take care,

Lee...

• Richard Cock III (6/25/2006 1:05:00 PM) Post reply Stage

i need music to influence me in practically anything. be it writing, or just having the guts to face yet another tough ass day. i listen to FNM too by the way...

• Dana Tyrrell (6/23/2006 10:52:00 AM) Post reply Stage

new poems all,
    #1-] Razorblade Tango
    #2-] 3: 49 pm
    #3-] Love's Duplicity

check them out, love 'em, comment 'em, etc...

• Fasika Ayalew (6/22/2006 4:04:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Need help with the other types of poems other than the rhymed one

• Dustin Bennefield (6/11/2006 9:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

I have to ask does a poet have to memorize his poems they have to be good for me to memorize it. I can't memorize anything of my poems. HELP.
    Yours in Words
    -Inkweaver

• Pali Tripathi (6/23/2006 3:59:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Ditto! Looking at it positevly...if u dont remember what u wrote, you dont repeat urself :)

• Richard Cock III (6/11/2006 11:50:00 PM) Post reply Stage

i don't think so. unless your on def poetry jam. check it out on you tube.

• Dustin Bennefield (6/7/2006 3:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hey all I have written some new poems and would like for you all to comment. A young writer such as I needs to have a pat on the back. And for those of you that do not know I am posting a Contest. If you want to know anything about it just read the Poetry Contest forum under my name. You will also have to read ALL of the replies.
    Yours in words,
    Dustin AKA Inkweaver

• Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 8:43:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I have nothing yet that is new and ready for 07 I am finishing my 06 poems still I know I am late in posting it

[Hata Bildir]