Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Michael Taylor (5/26/2007 5:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Any help for a first poem would be appreciated.
    I have material but lack confidence and knowledge to construct.

Replies for this message:
  • Serafin Calayag (5/20/2007 9:44:00 PM) Post reply

so, it resembles the rondel type of poetry. with ABaAabAB form? Is this correct? Do you have any sample of this type of poetry? Can you give me? Thanks....

• David Christopher (5/20/2007 4:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

'My Time Now' Poem

sit down son, nah I've only just begun

move over now, nah I will not bow

quiet should be thy voice, nah that will be by my choice

keep your head held down, nah I will no longer frown

do what you're told, nah I'm too bloody bold

follow and do not lead, nah I'll fight unitl I bleed

you're not worthy dave, nah I'm riding this wave

the wave of life my lad? , yeah me living shall make you mad!

• David Christopher (5/20/2007 4:10:00 PM) Post reply

'Like a Tree' Poem

Like a leaf falling from a tree, trust the words of thee

A tree that has been weaken, by the cold; it's alright to stand tall and be bold

Each piece of bark, is its own personal scar; the branches will grow they will go far

The lineage represented by numerous rings, again and again you shall sing

A nest on a branch, place called home; no longer will this bird forever roam

Sap flows like a river, the tree has tears; not to worry, ahead many good years

This harsh endless life, has tested this tree; and still it stands strong, believe in me

The wind shall blow, and this I know

The rain will come, and make this tree frown; I will not let this tree be knocked down

No more dead seasons, it all happens for a reason

• David Christopher (5/20/2007 4:09:00 PM) Post reply

'The Beach' Poem

A journey of a thousand footsteps....leads to one direction

Each step leaving a rocky road behind....each step on a firm piece of sand

Each step leading to that which is kind....each step allows the fallen to stand

Each step leaving a rocky road behind....each step the soul is cleansed by the tide

Each step leading to that which is kind....each step allows you to no longer hide

Each step leaving a rocky road behind....each step being heated by the sun

Each step leading to that which is kind....each step knowing your life of joy has just begun

Each step leaving a rocky road behind....each step being powered by the wind

Each step leading to that which is kind....each step forgiving all the sin

Each step leaving a rocky road behind....each step allowing you to be at home

Each step leading to that which is kind....each step you no longer need to roam

Each step strengthens and brightens your light....each step allows this beauty to take flight

• Anita Blake (5/18/2007 10:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey
    I’m new at writing poetry I started less than two months ago. I was just wondering if anyone would read some of my poems and comment. positive or negative it is all good. I’ll take any advice I can get.

thanks

• Jann Foster (5/27/2007 11:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear Unnoticed, You shall have to change your name, because you are now noticed. :) I'd love to hear your poetry. I'm a 52 year old Mom, so you may want someone younger. In the mean time, maybe I' ... more

• Rookie - 5 Points marvin brato (5/18/2007 5:51:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What is modern poetry or free verse?

• Brandon Butler (5/18/2007 2:00:00 PM) Post reply

Free verse (also at times referred to as vers libre) is a term describing various styles of poetry that are not written using strict meter or rhyme, but that still are recognizable as 'poetry' by vir ... more

• Rookie - 5 Points Serafin Calayag (5/17/2007 10:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

does anybody knows what is a trilleto? how it is done? its meter and rhyme, how does it looks like. thanks

• Brandon Butler (5/18/2007 1:04:00 AM) Post reply

This maybe what your talking about. [treeohlay] Mediaeval French poem of eight lines, using only two rhymes; the first two lines are repeated as the final two lines, the first line recurs as the fo ... more

• Rookie - 5 Points Bob Bobby (5/14/2007 12:13:00 AM) Post reply

Im new to this place and ive written a few poems and im just curious to see what other people think about them

id love to hear any positive or negative things

• Rookie - 5 Points Tricia Mae Chua (5/10/2007 7:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello! Since this forum is on poetry writing, thought I'd engage you in a creative exercise of sorts. Read the line below and see where it takes you. Add on just one more line to it. I'll be collecting and compiling the lines for the next two days. Thanks!

Peering through the narrow cracks on my dusty wooden floor

• Brandon Butler (5/18/2007 2:24:00 PM) Post reply

Perring through the narrow cracks on my dusty wooden floor. I see a creature moving before.

[Hata Bildir]