Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Petra Creffield (6/30/2007 8:22:00 AM) Post reply

new poem 'Awake' now on my page if you care to take a look PX

http: //web.mac.com/petracreffield
    http: //myspace.com/petracreffield

• Raul Castelan (6/29/2007 3:06:00 PM) Post reply

HELLO EVERYONE! ! !

I just wanted to know what you guys think of my poetry. That would really mean a lot to me if you went to visit my poetry page. Leave some comments if you'd like, or vote on it to tell me where I'm at. THANK YOU FELLOW POETS! ! !

P.S. Take care and God bless.

• Goldy Locks (6/27/2007 3:03:00 PM) Post reply

Interesting. Will be posting more from 'The Genealogy of Postmodernism: Contemporary American Poetry'
    by Albert Gelpi ... because this is a poetry site - - correct?

Since consciousness does not exist 'prior to-aside from-language, ' Charles Bernstein tells us, consciousness is 'itself a syntacticalization-a syntaxophony.' Kathy Acker describes the osmosis of language and social reality through the membrane of consciousness so that the first person pronoun recedes into the passive voice:

I write with words which are given me.... I am given meaning and I give meaning back to the community.... I am always taking part in the constructing of the political, economic, and moral community in which my discourse is taking place. All aspects of language-denotation, sound, style, syntax, grammar, etc.-are politically, economically, and morally coded.

[...]

The 'self-consciousness' which fights back against the paralyzing structures of decadent capitalism requires 'the recognition of non-identity' rather than of identity as 'the first step in the appropriation of one's fate.' Because 'non-identity is the term common to all, ' 'the deconstructive activity of the text finds the destroyed centers of other lives. Idiosyncrasy is the central term of an assertion of faith in the power of writing to construct.' Bruce Andrews says that 'subject becomes simply 'the instance writing, ' is hollowed out by the operation of the linguistic system.' Maxine Chernoff puts the displacement or the artist's ego and the impersonality of the 'linguistic event' flatly:

I am not commenting about the nature of one character's reactions to experience. Rather, I am suggesting that a linguistic event has been observed by a witness.... Thus, 'character' in many of my prose pieces [and, we can adds the 'speaker' in many language-oriented poems, whether written in verse or prose] exists so that language can occur.... The linguistic event 'happens' in the sense that anything happens.

• lithium sunset (6/25/2007 12:13:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone. I'm practically just starting out with this site. Been writing since my college days. I don't exactly know if I'm good at it so I pretty much need feedback from you guys. This is so I could improve more on my writing style. Thanks much and hope to hear from you all. :)

• Charlie O (6/24/2007 6:27:00 PM) Post reply

hello! i'm just starting on this site, and i don't know if i know exactly how to write poetry, but i do: ] i will help anyone in any way i can. please give me your opinion on how i can improve too, i just put some poems on this site, and i need feedback. i would be very grateful. peace.
    Charlie

• Goldy Locks (6/20/2007 8:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

As one of the founding members of the language writing movement, Lyn Hejinian has always been concerned with the referential possibilities inherent in language. In 'The Rejection of Closure' she writes, 'Language itself is never in a state of rest. And the experience of using it, which includes the experience of understanding it, either as speech or as writing, is inevitably active. I mean both intellectually and emotionally active.'

Lyn Hejinian on `Happily' ... enclosed.

Replies for this message:
    • Goldy Locks (6/20/2007 8:43:00 PM) Post reply

Lyn Hejinian on 'Happily' In responding to Dubravka Djuric's question about the origins of my interest in writing, I said that it was the materiality of writing that first drew me to it, the prosp ... more

• the poet (6/15/2007 4:07:00 AM) Post reply

hi everyone, i would like to thank those who have spent their valuable time reading my poems. i hope those who have not will stop by my page and read some of my poems. your comments are very much appreciated! ! ! Thanks everyone and have a beautiful, wonderful and nice day! ! !

-alex

• Jae Centorino (6/12/2007 12:38:00 PM) Post reply

I love the idea of people helping others in their writing. What I don't understand is how can they help if they don't read them? It seems that some people have it in their minds certain poetry just dosen't matter. I try to read many diffrent poets no matter what the title is and or subject it's called not being bias. Please anyone that can critique me I welcome constructive critisism. I don't welcome people being mean and ignorant. Yes, I need much help I'm sure...

• Sarah Adams (6/6/2007 5:50:00 PM) Post reply

Any tip to make it better

Sadness

I don’t understand why I am feeling like this
    I don’t understand why my friends are happy and I am not
    I don’t understand why can I be happy
    I don’t understand why I feel like I be better at being dead

I don’t understand why no one care about me
    I don’t understand why I cant be loved like anyone does
    I don’t understand why I am thinking of suicide
    I don’t understand why no one try to save me

I don’t understand why no one love me
    I don’t understand why people use me
    I don’t understand why I cry
    I don’t understand why I cry for help and no one care to take a notice

I don’t understand why I try to kill myself
    I don’t understand why I live
    I don’t understand why anyone said Yea right and pretty girls don’t try to kill themselves
    I don’t understand why I got to prove that I just need to feel loved

I don’t understand why they cared when I end up in Funeral
    I don’t understand why they end up crying when I told them about my feelings
    I don’t understand why they said I didn’t think she would kill herself
    I don’t understand why they said I am so sorry that I didn’t try to take you serious

I don’t understand why I should care about them
    I don’t understand why I try to tell them and they didn’t take me so serious
    I don’t understand why I end up in the funeral Casket
    But I don’t need to understand why because I took easy exit

• Anochapr Promaon (6/6/2007 8:17:00 AM) Post reply

I look across the distant sky, staring with curiosity
    wondering about who was it that led you to me
    There are millions of people, it doesn't make any sense that we met
    From a person that believes in nothing, I finally question myself
    So, is it really destiny that let us be?
    So, we are destined for each other, then could I ask for something?
    Please don't ever let us part, let us love one another till death do us part
    Can I ask for this?
    Back then, I thought my breath was for myself
    But when I met you, I just realized that my breath is for you
    There are millions of people, it doesn't make any sense that we met
    From a person that believes in nothing, finally I have to question myself again
    There are still millions of people, there's no reason that I'm the one
    From a person that believes in nothing, finally I have to question myself again

[Hata Bildir]