Learn More

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Freshman - 2,177 Points Pranab K Chakraborty (8/25/2014 12:27:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Poem does not depend on its preoccupied measuring parameters. It's much mathematical practiced by those who are already mechanical with their forms not to expose undefined by it's spirit.

• Silver Star - 8,822 Points Heather Wilkins (8/24/2014 2:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

read and study different poem forms. They are numerous forms to practice. This will enhance your variety of work

Replies for this message:
    • Silver Star - 8,822 Points Heather Wilkins (8/27/2014 2:47:00 PM) Post reply

yes please do write your poems any style you prefer. As each poet continues to develop his/her craft they will gain knowledge in writing poetry. Poetry comes from within Each one is in different s ... more

• Silver Star - 8,822 Points Mohammad Skati (8/25/2014 10:27:00 AM) Post reply

In addition to what our great poetess added, please go ahead listen, read, and write anyway you like. You don't need to be gifted, but just go ahead if you're inclined to write poetry any form. Thanks ... more

• Silver Star - 8,822 Points Heather Wilkins (8/24/2014 2:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Many times the reader will become bored with a long poem. a good idea I have found is about 14-18 lines. I keep my work much shorter than that. If a poem is getting very long end the poem. Take the last line start a new poem and continue the same thought

• Silver Star - 8,822 Points Kay Staley (8/28/2014 9:44:00 AM) Post reply

Great comment. Very good advice. Just wanted to add that if the poem is to short, it could be in danger of being classified as a quote. So keep both extremes in mind and find a happy medium. Its hard ... more

• Silver Star - 8,822 Points Heather Wilkins (8/24/2014 2:13:00 PM) Post reply

the title is very important to the poem. an impressive title will get the attention of the reader. many time the title can come from a few words in the poem describing it.

• Rookie - 5 Points Elin Andrén (8/24/2014 7:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey guys, I was hoping for some feedback on the poem I wrote today, it's the first time ever I have written a poem so I really don't know if it's good or not: 3
    Here it is:

I'm standing in the grass, looking up at the yellow sky. I wish I could lay down and stay here, but the air is starting to get chilly. The sun is slowly disappearing behind the trees, and the more darker it gets, the more i'm feeling alone. Something is missing, but I don't know what. The only thing I can hear are my own thoughts in the night, and soon I can't see at all.

• Rookie - 5 Points Kay Staley (8/28/2014 9:51:00 AM) Post reply

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read what you write. Its a bad poem, but its a good piece of writing. If you are going to call something a " poem" then make sure it looks like one ... more

• Freshman - 2,177 Points Pranab K Chakraborty (8/24/2014 6:59:00 AM) Post reply

Feelings are the prime necessary to compose a poem. To compose a poem the form is also the prime one to express the feelings by words. So many prime requirements are essential to expose proper tune just like a hand-bomb to make manually. No other simplest way of its formation. Above all patience and concentration are those adhesive which act as a binder. And the supreme authority undoubtedly heart and brain who play the right balance to be strict on creation.

• Gold Star - 12,291 Points Mohammad Skati (8/22/2014 10:52:00 AM) Post reply

Everyone is a poet directly or indirectly simply because we sometimes feel that some people say poetry while they're talking to us. I know that those who write poetry must have certain qualifications... Thanks.

• Gold Star - 33,636 Points Aftab Alam Khursheed (8/21/2014 10:37:00 PM) Post reply

How to bead the words with the thread of imagination and put the magical and musical effect with truth and reality is the poetry

• Gold Star - 12,291 Points Mohammad Skati (8/21/2014 11:19:00 AM) Post reply

I write poems in Arabic and in English, so I would like to share pretty experiences with other members to enrich this pretty site. Thanks.

• Veteran Poet - 2,555 Points Abekah Emmanuel (8/20/2014 5:55:00 AM) Post reply

Dear fellow hunters, my new poem is out...entitled......ALL BUT DREAMS.......... Please read, rate and leave your personal comment om it...... I would equally appreciate any criticism from any poet who reads my poems. thank you....best wishes......................

[Hata Bildir]