Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

• Silver Star - 5th Stage Mohammad Skati (10/20/2014 10:14:00 AM) Post reply

Writing poetry must be supported with great imagery to make poems work. Thanks.

• Bronze Star - 4th Stage Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (10/17/2014 9:31:00 AM) Post reply

I think that opportunities to younger generations in poetry contests are to be given in proper space for the new ideas and opinions on world poetry and to catch them young which will serve the development of poetry and literature in best of the terms.

• Bronze Star - 4th Stage Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (10/17/2014 9:30:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

writing poetry is not merely a skill but must come from the mind and selecting the theme is also important. A lot of understanding of life and nature is advisable to the poets those who are the beginners that feels.

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie - 1st Stage Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (10/15/2014 9:01:00 AM) Post reply

If you are good in writing poems there are lots of real history, experience from different people a waited to you to write their poetry in all over the world.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Gexg Lalnuna (10/14/2014 8:50:00 AM) Post reply

It may not be beautiful but true poetry comes from real life experiences.For others we may note down what ever on our mind but they can be more beautiful than others.Its actually the way you write it down: -D

• Rookie - 1st Stage John Zwerenz (10/13/2014 10:19:00 AM) Post reply

The most inspired verse is comprised of ethereal music.

- John Lars Zwerenz

• Rookie - 1st Stage Edgar Stevens (10/13/2014 6:23:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

writing poetry should be promoted in high schools more...

• Silver Star - 5th Stage Mohammad Skati (10/11/2014 1:28:00 PM) Post reply

Through writing we can post good messages or moral lessons that reach to many people. Thanks.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (10/10/2014 4:50:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

All the musician and singers look upon the poems and poetry composing songs and most the people who has genuine history look their history to convert in to poetry for the memory their history.

• Silver Star - 5th Stage Mohammad Skati (10/9/2014 1:29:00 PM) Post reply

The more we read poems, the more we get ready to write poetry. By reading more poems, then I will know more styles and more poets. I might write a certain poem, but I find some difficulties in shaping it anytime, so I start as much as I am able with stanzas, ...., ..... Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]