Wesley Gibbings Poems
- The House It was a house Of many absences Dust settled on...
- Opening Lines
- Surviving The Storm Long after the storm had died the river ...
- Of Haiti And Other Wars Dark soldier at attention near the ...
- It’s Late, Go To Sleep It’s at least midnight where you ...
- My Silence This is my silence For I made it so One million ...
- A Tree In Their Garden In their garden is a tree which glows ...
Wesley Gibbings was born in Trinidad in 1958. His first collection of poems was published in 1977. He is a journalist who has covered Caribbean public affairs for over 30 years and has written extensively on journalism and media in the West Indies. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Wesley Gibbings
It was a house
Of many absences
Dust settled on her bed
Outside, the green of mountains blue
Inside, the shadowy dim of things we knew
I met you here
This empty house
Echoes spliced between silence and quiet
Nothing etched from nothingness