Uche Favour Poems
- The Saxophonist -new- I could hear music But I didn't know what ...
- A Place In The Stars -new- Lost in your cold cold arms Yet your ...
- Lost In The Thick, Dark Forest -new- The owls hoot nearby; The ...
- Oblivion -new- I sit there staring straight at it Watching it ...
- Uncertainty -new- The morning dews seem to consume me I know not...
- Wanna Be -new- Everyone desires to be something Each desires ...
- Is It Because I'm Black? -new- I am black and referred to as a ...
Born in Lagos, Nigeria. Lost my mom in 2013, been heartbroken since but trying yo fix myself with my writing and poems. An Ardent reader and a writer. Visit my page at www.medium.com/@Favournella. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Never compose a people to please; do so from the deepest parts of your hearts because that's where that inner poet sleeps and slumbers, waiting to be awakened from reverie''Favour Uche
''A poet is not a lazy person or a lazy man's job, just an ordinary man who writes extraordinary things''Favour Uche
''There's a poet in everyone, we're just too less concerned to feel it''Favour Uche
''Write me a poem and I'll sing you an anthem''Favour Uche
''You're never too old or too young to be a poet''Favour Uche
Comments about Uche Favour
I could hear music
But I didn't know what type of music
Maybe it's from a party
I still searched round and round and round
I kept walking towards the sound
The music sounded good to me ears
It called out to me
Yet I didn't know how to reply
Still walking and relishing the sound
I walked into its source
It emanated from a young guy
Sitting in the hot sun
Just outside his house
He was a saxophonist
And a damn pretty good one
Even though I didn't know the song he was playing now