Tony Jolley Poems
- Fire On Your Finger Fire on your finger, Fire in your eye, ...
- (red) Indian Summer Today you’d have been a happy-go-lucky ...
- Your Left Hand ...For my daughter, upon watching her play ...
- Eleventh Hour The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the ...
- The Story Of A Life Lost In Th... Reflection It ...
- Your Call Is Important To Us ...
- Pavements And Partings The pavement waters parted… No need ...
I'm a University Lecturer who loves teaching, but who is beginning to find that the yen to write from the heart for a non-academic readership is more important than to write from the head for a narrow academic audience of cognoscenti. That said, I have started my own business in France: 'Tonyversity' (www.tonyversity.com) doing management and English coaching for business people and finessing ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Fire On Your Finger
Fire on your finger,
Fire in your eye,
Fire in your spirit,
Fire that won’t die.
Fire in the bare bones of being,
Fire to uphold what’s right,
Fire in the heart of darkness,
Fire to fuel Love’s light.
Fire to burn but not consume,
Fire to learn and not assume,
Fire to live and give living room,
Fire to love and sing her tune.