Tao Chien (365–427 / China)
Tao Qian ( T'ao Ch'ien, 365–427), better known as Tao Yuanming ,was a Chinese poet. Born in modern Jiujiang, Jiangxi, he was one of the most influential pre-Tang Dynasty (618-907) Chinese poets.
He came from a notable family which had descended into poverty; when young, he was torn between ambition and a desire to retreat into solitude. His great-grandfather was the famous Eastern Jin ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Drinking Alone In Continuous Rain
- Drinking Wine
- Idle Living
- Lingering Clouds
- Ninth Day, Ninth Month
- Reading The Classic Of Hills And Seas
- Reply To Prefect Liu
- Returning To Live In The South (I)
- Returning To Live In The South (II)
- Returning To The Old Homestead
- To Harmonize With The Poem Of My Friend ...