Talvikki Ansel Poems
- Tree List Tree of the musky pods split open, of ...
- Don'T Tell Me it's iron, the bottle crouched on its white ...
- World Olive green of pond water, tea- colored is the newt's ...
- Or Stay Again The wasp's gray sphere, papered layers I held...
- Blue Collection Smoothed ribbon, night light, once there ...
- Seed Savers Impossible to catalogue them all because half ...
- Glaze White putty under finger nails, milky on fingerprints ...
Talvikki Ansel is an American poet.
She graduated from Mount Holyoke College in 1985, and Indiana University. Her poems have appeared in the anthologies New Young American Poets (Southern Illinois University, 2000) and The Pushcart Prize XXVI, and in magazines such as The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic, The Journal, Poetry, Prairie Schooner, and Shenandoah.
She teaches at the University of Rhode Island. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Talvikki Ansel
Tree of the musky pods split open,
of almond-shaped leaflets, taut skin,
the Cooper's Hawk picking off a fat pigeon
in the bank parking lot,
tree of bread, tree of milk crates
out back of the restaurant,
tree of the bakery, of the academy of dance
of the skeleton in the chiropractor's office,
tree of sugar, tree of protein.
Tree of the don't come near, reserve,
it is better so. Tree of the gesture
on a deserted beach, tree of the unforgettable,
of the tiled roof and teapot in the pantry window,
tree of the private ...