Susan Adams Poems
- Escape The Beloved Country The foetal curve is a question ...
- Breakdown Of Anatomy It's nearly done, this black eyed ...
- Drink I stare at my cup of lukewarm tea cradle the bowl as...
- The River Becomes Landscape is a slovenly hot, dirty ...
- Entire Of Himself We live here - 'Raphael, ' a leprosy ...
- Caught Two tankers sit at the split between sky and water, ...
- As It Was For Me You came in the wet, satin depths of ...
Susan Adams, PhD (Medical Science) , is an Australian poet published in nine countries. She was awarded 'commended' in the 2012 O'Donoghue International Poetry Competition (Ire) , Highly Commended in the Val Vallis Award 2012, (Aus) , and Highly Commended in the Adrien Abbott Poetry Prize 2012.(Aus) . She has been read numerously on ABC Radio National. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Susan Adams
Escape The Beloved Country
The foetal curve
is a question mark
we revert to
not a haven for a life
lying curled on our dark side
Cry the national anthems
Hiding from the outside
the inside of ourselves
escape is not a plan
in this State of drugged control
There are no light switches
in this suck-thumb-bare-room
loose skin is a soap polished shroud
the wall a full stop at the end
Breathe me alive
brand me to struggle
make me scream with honest air
let me out