Stanley Oyibode Poems
- ...If If Peace speak our language And unity tells our ...
- Home Coming Home coming is a thing of joy But this joy ...
- Song Of Loneliness Suddenly I became calm, Suddenly my mind...
- Garri Garri the killer of hunger! The only friend that ...
- If I Most Write If I must write, I must deaf my EARS. If I...
- Songs Of Victory Battles of pen and racking of memory Were ...
- Crying World The world is a mighty prison Where death is the...
Oyibode Stanley Onome hails from Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State. The first child of a polygamous family. He completed his primary school education from Otovwodo primary school, Ughelli-Delta State. Thereafter, he proceeded to Lulu secondary school, National Foundation Academy Ughelli and Muazu Ibrahim Commercial Secondary school Kontagora Niger State where he finally completed ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Stanley Oyibode
Peace speak our language
And unity tells our strength
Then we wouldn't have built a fence, but rather a bridge
Truth was our anthem
And culture was our symbol
Then lies would have been far from our tongue
Morals sing our praises
And love cement our heart
Then blood would have been far from earth.
Security was not far from the land
And nepotism is set aside
Then the land wouldn't have become a battle field but a place of rest
I stretch my hands
And you stretch your hands
Then we would touch the ...