Sri Aurobindo Poems
- The Golden Light Thy golden Light came down into my ...
- Life Mystic Miracle, daughter of Delight, Life, thou ...
- The Dreamboat Who was it that came to me in a boat made of ...
- Bride Of The Fire Bride of the Fire, clasp me now close, - ...
- Evolution (Revised) I passed into a lucent still abode And ...
- O Coil, Coil O coil, honied envoy of the spring, Cease thy ...
- Life And Death Life, death, - death, life; the words have led...
Sri Aurobindo was an Indian nationalist and freedom fighter, major Indian English poet, philosopher, and yogi. He joined the movement for India's freedom from British rule and for a duration (1905–1910) became one of its most important leaders, before turning to developing his own vision and philosophy of human progress and spiritual evolution. He was also one of the famous Radical leaders of India during the Indian National Movement.
The central theme of Sri Aurobindo's vision is the evolution of life into a "life divine". In his own words: "Man is a transitional being. He is not final. The step from man to superman is the next approaching achievement in the earth ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sri Aurobindo
The Golden Light
Thy golden Light came down into my brain
And the grey rooms of mind sun-touched became
A bright reply to Wisdom's occult plane,
A calm illumination and a flame.
Thy golden Light came down into my throat,
And all my speech is now a tune divine,
A paean-song of Thee my single note;
My words are drunk with the Immortal's wine.
Thy golden Light came down into my heart
Smiting my life with Thy eternity;
Now has it grown a temple where Thou art
And all its passions point towards only Thee.
Thy golden Light came down into my feet,
My earth is now Thy...