Sohrab Sepehri Poems
- Friend She was great And belonged to the present time And ...
- The Flow Of Water When knowledge Still nestled by springs, ...
- Water Let's not soil the water: Perhaps a pigeon is ...
- Beyond Presence Tonight Will journey To the realm of ...
- The Old Tale Of Night O you lost in the stellar green ...
- The Way To The Orchard Keep calling me! Sweet is your ...
- Oasis In A Moment If you are coming to me, I am beyond ...
Sohrab Sepehri was born in Kashan on October 7,1928; a very talented artist and a gifted poet, Sepehri shot to stardom with the publication of The Water’s Footfall which was subsequently followed by The Traveler and The Green Volume. Sepehri died of blood cancer in Tehran in 1980.
Sepehri is so popular with the Iranians that he is usually known by his first name ‘Sohrab’ as if he is a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sohrab Sepehri
She was great
And belonged to the present time
And had affinity with all bright horizons.
And fathomed the language of the earth and water.
Sounded like the sad tone of truth.
To the heartbeats of elements.
The generous air.
And she directed kindness
Towards our hearts.
She was the image of her solitude.
And for the mirror she interpreted
The most amorous moments of her own Time.
Like rain, she was full of fresh repetitions.
And like the trees
She grew with the blessing of...