Ruben Dario (January 18, 1867 - February 6, 1916 / Metapa)
Félix Rubén García Sarmiento, known as Rubén Darío, was a Nicaraguan poet who initiated Spanish-American literary movement known as modernismo (modernism) that flourished at the end of the nineteenth century. Darío has had a great and lasting influence on twentieth-century Spanish literature and journalism. He has been praised as the "Prince of Castilian Letters" and undisputed father of the modernismo literary movement. Darío is revered as Nicaragua's greatest diplomat and a leading voice of Central and South America.
French poetry was a determinant influence in Dario's formation as a poet. In the first place, the romantics, particularly Victor Hugo. Later on, and in a decisive ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- ¡Torres de Dios Poetas! (With English Tr...
- A Margarita Debayle (To Margarita Debayl...
- A Roosevelt
- Autumnal (With English Translation)
- Cancion de Otoño en Primavera (Song of A...
- Canto de Esperanza (With English Transla...
- Cantos de Vida y Esperanza
- Caracol (A Shell)
- En la muerte de un poeta (With English T...
- Far Away
- Gaita Galaica (Bagpipes of Spain)
- In Autumn