Félix Rubén García Sarmiento, known as Rubén Darío, was a Nicaraguan poet who initiated Spanish-American literary movement known as modernismo (modernism) that flourished at the end of the nineteenth century. Darío has had a great and lasting influence on twentieth-century Spanish literature and journalism. He has been praised as the "Prince of Castilian Letters" and undisputed father of the modernismo literary movement. Darío is revered as Nicaragua's greatest diplomat and a leading voice of Central and South America.
French poetry was a determinant influence in Dario's formation as a poet. In the first place, the romantics, particularly Victor Hugo. Later on, and in a decisive ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Canto de Esperanza (With English Transla...
- ¡Torres de Dios Poetas! (With English Tr...
- Cancion de Otoño en Primavera (Song of A...
- Far Away
- Autumnal (With English Translation)
- In Autumn
- Sinfonia En Gris Mayor (Symphony In Gray...
- A Roosevelt
- A Margarita Debayle (To Margarita Debayl...
- Cantos de Vida y Esperanza
- Caracol (A Shell)
Comments about Ruben Dario
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)