Biography of Roy Campbell
Roy Campbell's Works:
* The Flaming Terrapin. (1924) .
* Voorslag. (1926-1927) . A monthly magazine
* The Wayzgoose: A South African Satire. (1928) .
* Adamastor. (1930) .
* Poems. (1930) .
* The Gum Trees. (1931) .
* The Georgiad - A Satirical Fantasy in Verse. (1931) .
* Taurine Provence. (1932) .
* Pomegranates. (1932) .
* Burns. (1932) .
* Flowering Reeds. (1933) .
* Broken Record. (1934) .
* Mithraic Emblems. (1936) .
* Flowering Rifle: A Poem from the Battlefield of Spain. (1936) .
* Songs of the mistral. (1938) .
* Talking Bronco. (1939) .
* Poems of Baudelaire: A Translation of Les Fleurs du Mal. (1946) .
* Light on a Dark Horse: An Autobiography. (1952) .
* Lorca. (1952) .
* The Mamba's Precipice. (1953) (Children's story) .
* Nativity. (1954) .
* Portugal. (1957) .
* Wyndham Lewis. (1985) .
Roy Campbell Poems
The Golden Shower By: Roy Campbell
Though we seem merely mortal, what we are Is clearly mirrored on a deathless flood. We change and fade: our dust is strewn afar— Only the ancient river of our blood,
We Are Like Worlds By: Roy Campbell
We bear to future times the secret news That first was whispered to the new-made earth: We are like worlds with nations in our thews, Shaped for delight, and primed for endless birth.
Reflection By: Roy Campbell
My thought has learned the lucid art By which the willows lave their limbs Whose form upon the water swims Though in the air they rise apart.