Biography of Roy Campbell
Roy Campbell's Works:
* The Flaming Terrapin. (1924) .
* Voorslag. (1926-1927) . A monthly magazine
* The Wayzgoose: A South African Satire. (1928) .
* Adamastor. (1930) .
* Poems. (1930) .
* The Gum Trees. (1931) .
* The Georgiad - A Satirical Fantasy in Verse. (1931) .
* Taurine Provence. (1932) .
* Pomegranates. (1932) .
* Burns. (1932) .
* Flowering Reeds. (1933) .
* Broken Record. (1934) .
* Mithraic Emblems. (1936) .
* Flowering Rifle: A Poem from the Battlefield of Spain. (1936) .
* Songs of the mistral. (1938) .
* Talking Bronco. (1939) .
* Poems of Baudelaire: A Translation of Les Fleurs du Mal. (1946) .
* Light on a Dark Horse: An Autobiography. (1952) .
* Lorca. (1952) .
* The Mamba's Precipice. (1953) (Children's story) .
* Nativity. (1954) .
* Portugal. (1957) .
* Wyndham Lewis. (1985) .
Roy Campbell Poems
We are Like Worlds by: Roy Campbell
We bear to future times the secret news That first was whispered to the new-made earth: We are like worlds with nations in our thews, Shaped for delight, and primed for endless birth.
Reflection by: Roy Campbell
My thought has learned the lucid art By which the willows lave their limbs Whose form upon the water swims Though in the air they rise apart.
The Golden Shower by: Roy Campbell
Though we seem merely mortal, what we are Is clearly mirrored on a deathless flood. We change and fade: our dust is strewn afar— Only the ancient river of our blood,