Richard Allen Beevor
Richard Allen Beevor Poems
- The Tigers Sorrow A tiger quickened his rapid pace for he ...
- I Love You Still But You'Re No... Remember last summer ...
- Robin Williams Robin Williams died last night, I just felt ...
- Today, The Last Day I read somewhere once upon a time, that...
- Single Route Through The Valle... Flame red, explosions ...
- No Space Thing, Nothing Space Nothing is real, no thing is ...
- Epilogue To He Raven dark upon the stone young man frozen to...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Tigers Sorrow
A tiger quickened his rapid pace
for he had come to fear,
the hunter with its blazing rod
that took a life so dear.
The tiger loved his she cat
who was his babes mother,
a hunter found their happy nest
to destroy all but one brother.
Now at night in the jungle wild
the tiger stalks the camps,
in search of it with blazing rod
who sits by lighted lamps.
To the north a brother runs
to find a family gathered,
to tell of fate which befell
the tigers home now ravaged.
Before this host of cats
could make the journey south,