Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
Gift From A Daughter Who Disappeared - Poem by Donal Mahoney
Your package arrived last night.
When my wife brought it in, I said,
'Make certain it's not ticking.'
It wasn't, so she opened it.
I grabbed the wedding pictures
without reading your letter
and saw you and your groom
graciously attired except for
the flannel pajama bottoms.
'My God, ' I yelled, 'they had
a Hare Krishna wedding! '
Not that there's anything
wrong with that.
My wife said your letter explains
why you wore pajama bottoms
over your wedding outfits-
to stay warm on a wintry day.
I should have guessed.
The package arrived late
so I felt it unfair to read your letter
when I wasn't at my best.
After all these years,
one more day in absentia
shouldn't be held against me.
Your letter looks long, ominous.
I would expect nothing less.
I asked my wife to read it
to see if any land mines lurk.
She said she saw none
but she wasn't at our Nagasaki
so she might have missed
some deft allusions.
I'm more careful these days
guarding the remnants.
On dark Tuesday mornings,
when I wheel the garbage cans out,
I make certain your brother isn't
on horseback at the curb,
primed for another debate.
You were both so young.
He was a tyke who suffered
the fallout, not the conflagration.
You look good in the photos;
your new husband as well.
The priest looks the way
priests used to look.
He'd be good in old movies
standing in for Spencer or Bing.
You're a beautiful lady
as the pictures make clear.
Always were, always will be.
Please know it's difficult
after all these years to dodge
bombs of memory dropped
by what happened
and what never will be.
I promise to get back to you
about all that you've sent
and all that I haven't.
Some day we must
in case a genealogist
is born into the family
and wants to know
what we know.
Till then, much love.
Give my best to the groom.
Tell him pajamas at his wedding
are only the beginning.
A monocle or pince-nez is next.
Comments about Gift From A Daughter Who Disappeared by Donal Mahoney
Poems About Wedding
- 1. Gift From A Daughter Who Disappeared , Donal Mahoney
- 2. Albeit Of Salt , Donal Mahoney
- 3. The Mock Wedding , David Lewis Paget
- 4. Women I Know , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 5. /// Humor ***** Wedding Period , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 6. I Wouldn'T Want You To Miss It , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 7. The Wedding Gown Of The Spring Is More F.. , Gert Strydom
- 8. YOUR WEDDING PARTY حفلة زفافك , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 9. The End Of The Grange , David Lewis Paget
- 10. The Woman Who Went To Hell [an Irish Leg.. , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 11. The Bride Of Never Again , David Lewis Paget
- 12. Of Love And Time , Edward Kofi Louis
- 13. The French , oskar hansen
- 14. 0009 Rococo Time , Michael Shepherd
- 15. A Deaf In A Wedding , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 16. All Minds Must Moulder , gershon hepner
- 17. Norm And Ethel , Saiom Shriver
- 18. The White Wedding! (30 / 05 / 2013 / 09:.. , kfm Productions
- 19. If We Want To Know What's Going In Italy.. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 20. Cold Pud And Pantaloons Falling (Fun Poe.. , David Harris
- 21. Jezebel-The Sleeping Beauty (Part 8) , Marieta Maglas
- 22. Into Illusive Reality [rev] & Amuse Scor.. , Margaret Alice Second
- 23. Wedding Gown , Randy Johnson
- 24. Earl Roderick’s Bride , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 25. The Wedding Of Prince William & Kate Mid.. , sheena blackhall
- 26. Utilitarians , RIC S. BASTASA
- 27. In Blue Hawaii , Joyce Hemsley
- 28. Until We Parted , Joyce Hemsley
- 29. The Poet's Bride , Aldo Kraas
- 30. It's Really A Grand Wedding! , nimal dunuhinga
- 31. Dream Woman , oskar hansen
- 32. Only Little Brother , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 33. A Sister's Wedding , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 34. Marriage , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 35. Name, Fame! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 36. Wedding Day Shoes , Kristen Brown
- 37. Wedlock , nimal dunuhinga
- 38. The Wedding Of Jenny Mcgill , David Lewis Paget
- 39. Jezebel-The Sleeping Beauty(Part 14) , Marieta Maglas
- 40. Rural Princess , Donal Mahoney
- 41. A Light Seems To Shine , Joyce Hemsley
- 42. Escape From Hell’s Kitchen , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 43. A Perfect Day, September 18,2010 , Theresa Ann Moore
- 44. Your Wedding Ring , Edward Kofi Louis
- 45. Baby Girl , Theresa Ann Moore
- 46. Weddings - Some Observations , Sandra Martyres
- 47. The Voyeuristic , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 48. Senryu 110 , Dr John Celes
- 49. Thank, She Isn'T There , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 50. With This Ring , Matthew Holloway
New Wedding Poems
- The End Of The Grange, David Lewis Paget
- Happiest Event The Wedding., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The French, oskar hansen
- Fate, janine Blair
- The Wedding By Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Wedding Day, Kat Hanlon
- A Muse Ess Music Box, Charles Hice
- A Message For Her Little Girl On Her Wed.., Stacey Austin
- Wedding Day, ademola oluwabusayo
- YOUR WEDDING PARTY حفلة زفافك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- carpe diem