Tree Poems - Poems For Tree
Poems about tree. You can read the best tree poems. Browse through all tree poems.
Man In Stream - Poem by Rosanna Warren
You stand in the brook, mud smearing
your forearms, a bloodied mosquito on your brow,
your yellow T-shirt dampened to your chest
as the current flees between your legs,
amber, verdigris, unraveling
today's story, last night's travail...
You stare at the father beaver, eye to eye,
but he outstares you—you who trespass in his world,
who have, however unwilling, yanked out his fort,
stick by tooth-gnarled, mud-clabbered stick,
though you whistle vespers to the wood thrush
and trace flame-flicker in the grain of yellow birch.
Death outpaces us. Upended roots
of fallen trees still cling to moss-furred granite.
Lichen smolders on wood-rot, fungus trails in wisps.
I wanted a day with cracks, to let the godlight in.
The forest is always a nocturne, but it gleams,
the birch tree tosses its change from palm to palm,
and we who unmake are ourselves unmade
if we know, if only we know
how to give ourselves in this untendered light.
Comments about Man In Stream by Rosanna Warren
Poems About Tree
New Tree Poems
- For Every Tree That Been Touch With Resp.., Raymond Sawyer
- Are You Ready To Fulfill The Tree's Last.., Nikhil Parekh
- The Tree Of Respect Is The Angel Of Resp.., Raymond Sawyer
- For Every Tree Shall Whisper Respect For.., Raymond Sawyer
- For Every Tree For The Angel Touch It Wi.., Raymond Sawyer
- Short Tales 2 Strange Bedfellows, Andy Brookes
- For Every Tree Thus There A Angel Of Res.., Raymond Sawyer
- Weeping By The Willow Tree, Adam M. Snow
- The Sun And The Tree, DEAN WILLIAM JOHNSTON
- Just Look At Me, Curtisj Johnson
- carpe diem