Travel Poems - Poems For Travel
Poems about travel. You can read the best travel poems. Browse through all travel poems.
Tell Me - Poem by George MacDonald
'Traveller, what lies over the hill?
Traveller, tell to me:
Tip-toe-high on the window-sill
Over I cannot see.'
'My child, a valley green lies there,
Lovely with trees, and shy;
And a tiny brook that says, 'Take care,
Or I'll drown you by and by!''
'And what comes next?'-'A little town,
And a towering hill again;
More hills and valleys up and down,
And a river now and then.'
'And what comes next?'-'A lonely moor
Without one beaten way,
And slow clouds drifting dull before
A wind that will not stay.'
'And then?'-'Dark rocks and yellow sand,
Blue sea and a moaning tide.'
'And then?'-'More sea, and then more land,
With rivers deep and wide.'
'And then?'-'Oh, rock and mountain and vale,
Ocean and shores and men,
Over and over, a weary tale,
And round to your home again!'
'And is that all? From day to day,
Like one with a long chain bound,
Should I walk and walk and not get away,
But go always round and round?'
'No, no; I have not told you the best,
I have not told you the end:
If you want to escape, away in the west
You will see a stair ascend,
'Built of all colours of lovely stones,
A stair up into the sky
Where no one is weary, and no one moans,
Or wishes to be laid by.'
'Is it far away?'-'I do not know:
You must fix your eyes thereon,
And travel, travel through thunder and snow,
Till the weary way is gone.
'All day, though you never see it shine,
You must travel nor turn aside,
All night you must keep as straight a line
Through moonbeams or darkness wide.'
'When I am older!'-'Nay, not so!'
'I have hardly opened my eyes!'
'He who to the old sunset would go,
Starts best with the young sunrise.'
'Is the stair right up? is it very steep?'
'Too steep for you to climb;
You must lie at the foot of the glorious heap
And patient wait your time.'
'How long?'-'Nay, that I cannot tell.'
'In wind, and rain, and frost?'
'It may be so; and it is well
That you should count the cost.
'Pilgrims from near and from distant lands
Will step on you lying there;
But a wayfaring man with wounded hands
Will carry you up the stair.'
Comments about Tell Me by George MacDonald
Poems About Travel
- 151. Tell Me , George MacDonald
- 152. Dancing Into Eternity , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 153. I Feel You (My Sweetheart) Everywhere , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 154. Travel The Earth , gajanan mishra
- 155. Unknown Journey , dorian suchelle
- 156. Healthy Back Bag , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 157. If I Could Travel , Kevin Seales
- 158. Sunset Over Paris , Eva Tortora
- 159. Sleep And Death , Srijeeta Manna
- 160. Avenues America , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 161. The Twilight Zone , cecil hickman
- 162. Hope Is A Waking Dream , Augustus Carter
- 163. Smoked Salmon , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 164. 50 States In Fifty States , Jeff Rushton
- 165. Fitration Bags , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 166. Travel With Me , RONALD K SSEKAJJA
- 167. Luggage Canada , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 168. Travel , Edward Kofi Louis
- 169. Travel , Aniruddha Pathak
- 170. The Stranger , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 171. Thoughts Travel/Misli Putuju , Miroslava Odalovic
- 172. Paramour , Nassy Fesharaki
- 173. What If Time Travelled In A Straight Line? , RIC S. BASTASA
- 174. Surprise In Japan - Revelation In An Int.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 175. Killing The Ravens - Chapter 4: The Gree.. , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 176. That Journey Isn'T A Group Effort , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 177. How To Be The Best Poet Ever In History'.. , Michael Gale
- 178. Texas Taxes Taxis , Paul Hartal
- 179. The Descendants Of Those Evicted By Crom.. , Francis Duggan
- 180. Trvaeling Is Not Enough , gershon hepner
- 181. Though I'Ve Done My Share Of Travel , Francis Duggan
- 182. A Million Miles I Roam , Kim Robin Edwards
- 183. Wonderful Job , Naveed Akram
- 184. Time Zones In Orbital Distances , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 185. Planets' Realm , Naveed Akram
- 186. One Can Travel , Naveed Akram
- 187. Travel , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 188. Panic Adds To Pressure , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 189. I Will Travel , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 190. Windshielded Birds , Miroslava Odalovic
- 191. With My Imperfect Mind , gershon hepner
- 192. To Travel Is Like Being Touch With Respe.. , Raymond Sawyer
- 193. Traveling Is Not Enough , gershon hepner
- 194. The Traveller , Cicely Fox Smith
- 195. Travel Deep Beneath What Is Believed , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 196. If I Win Tattslotto , Francis Duggan
- 197. Sweet Thoughts , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 198. To Travel Threw Time Is Like Traveling W.. , Raymond Sawyer
- 199. Travel Threw Time Is To Travel With Resp.. , Raymond Sawyer
- 200. Travel Threw Time Is Like Traveling With.. , Raymond Sawyer
New Travel Poems
- For Every Touch Thus The Family Fill A H.., Raymond Sawyer
- To Travel Threw Time Is Like Traveling W.., Raymond Sawyer
- Travel Threw Time Is To Travel With Resp.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Journey Untold, Lawal Abdulganiyu kolade
- For Where There Respect For A Angel Trav.., Raymond Sawyer
- Travel Threw Time Is Like Traveling With.., Raymond Sawyer
- Time Travel, Phil Soar
- Thoughts Travel, Rohit Sapra
- Mind, J Sheba Anandhi
- Travel Psyche Soul Expanding, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- carpe diem