Television Poems - Poems For Television
Poems about television. You can read the best television poems. Browse through all television poems.
Sopranos - Poem by gershon hepner
Sudden blackness overwhelms
when we are dying or when we
have lived as surrogates in realms
where television makes us free,
and we are left to give our own
interpretations of the dark,
with exegesis that alone
can diagnose the godlike spark
that gave Sopranos life throughout
America and north New Jersey,
and crime they organized with clout
devoid of Mafioso mercy.
Did the blankness of the screen
denote the pulling of the plug,
stretching like a limousine
imagination with a shrug,
or was it maybe a polemic
against the dying of the soul
of the United States, pandemic
affecting everyone whose role
is not to act out, but to watch
on cable television drama
which, deconstructed, may debauch
all viewers with its gruesome grammar?
Like life, the series ended not
with bangs or whimpers but a million
sharp e-mailed exegetic shots,
not criminally, but civilian.
The bottom line is: Is there after
darkness only death or will
another show restore our laughter,
providing us with one more kill?
Comments about Sopranos by gershon hepner
Poems About Television
- 1. Sopranos , gershon hepner
- 2. Rooftop , Robert Rorabeck
- 3. Old Fashioned Fun , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 4. Tendulkar's Hundredth Ton , S.D. TIWARI
- 5. Popular Psychosis , gershon hepner
- 6. Loosen Up And Relax , Aldo Kraas
- 7. Shortcuts , gershon hepner
- 8. Be Homely, Though Not Comely , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 9. Special Gift , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 10. Wear , otteri selvakumar
- 11. Freeness Kills The Spirit , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 12. Mamama , Edward Kofi Louis
- 13. Woman Only Lures By Image , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 14. My Soul Untouched , Margaret Alice Second
- 15. Uncaring Attitudes , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 16. Airing On Interior Screens , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17. Watch Me Sleep, Will You? , Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- 18. Alternating Time-Scales , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 19. True Beauty , Robert Rorabeck
- 20. Metronomes And Moore's Law , gershon hepner
- 21. Bon Mots , gershon hepner
- 22. God Save Us From The Queen , gershon hepner
- 23. Teddy And Oliver Talk It Over On The Bus , Donal Mahoney
- 24. Morse , Randy Johnson
- 25. Friday Night Lights (A Tribute To David .. , Luke Easter
- 26. Housewife Reality Shows , Luke Easter
- 27. Sink Hole , Laurence Overmire
- 28. Yesterday You Read Book , Gert Strydom
- 29. Soul Is A Current , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 30. Living In Fallacy , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 31. I Would Go Up To Jerusalem , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 32. The Calls Of A Sunny Winter , Robert Rorabeck
- 33. Zoe Reno Is Not A Car? , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 34. Enfants De Étoile , Aldo Kraas
- 35. Cowper , Edward Kofi Louis
- 36. Live Band Wanted , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 37. Winter Visions , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 38. Sea World 4th Of July* , Bill Grace
- 39. Respect , Randy Johnson
- 40. Socks , Randy Johnson
- 41. News Of A Boy , Naveed Akram
- 42. Superficial Dna , Ted Sheridan
- 43. That Mother In Law's Last Read Will-Oh W.. , Michael Gale
- 44. So This Is What Has Become Of Us. , Not Long Left
- 45. Projective Observation At Frequented Res.. , Bill Grace
- 46. Pandora's Box Unlocks , Jonathan ROBIN
- 47. Zz Mike Nichols Dead At 83 , Saiom Shriver
- 48. Message In A Bottle , Laurence Overmire
- 49. First Encounter - Leslie Cheung , john tiong chunghoo
- 50. Prayer To A Pillar Of Fire , Bill Grace
New Television Poems
- Route 66, Curtisj Johnson
- Indian Ghost Song, Joseph DeMarco
- Will John Key Resign: A Snowflakes Chanc.., Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- April Three Poetry Npm Charlax, Charles Hice
- Turning The Other Cheek, Donal Mahoney
- Bachelorette For Life, Donal Mahoney
- Sedina, Edward Kofi Louis
- Home Alone, Kela LewisMorin
- The Hillwalker, bryan wallace
- Leave The T.V. Off, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- carpe diem