Teacher Poems - Poems For Teacher
Poems about teacher. You can read the best teacher poems. Browse through all teacher poems.
Ethelred - Poem by Owain Glyn
Ethelred had toasted bread
Each night before he went to bed.
And every day when he got up
Hot Chocolate filled his morning cup.
Then before he went to School
A Bacon Sandwich was the rule.
His Mother made his lunch each day
Which took about an hour I'd say.
Two Sausage Rolls and three Pork Pies
Four bags of Crisps as a surprise.
Some Sandwiches of Roasted Lamb
A fresh baked Quiche of Cheese and Ham.
Then for Dessert a Chocolate Cake
With Clotted Cream she'd always make.
His School was forty yards away
A healthy walk you just might say.
But Ethelred would always stop
At McIntyre's his favorite shop.
Some Sherbet Lemons or a Dip
Into his School Bag he would slip.
Then he would saunter on his way
Prepared to face another day.
At School he'd join his Classroom line
In readiness to start at nine.
His Mum had written him a note
And placed it in his Overcoat.
It asked his Teacher to refrain
From making him do 'Games' again.
'Ethelred's not well' it said
'Could he do Cookery instead? '.
His Teacher thought that it was wise
In view of his enormous size.
That Ethelred should still take part
In exercise to help his heart.
They set off for the Football Field
Where very soon it was revealed
That Ethelred would still not play
He'd left his kit at home today.
His Teacher would not be gainsaid
Nor change the plans that he had made.
Ethelred was much too fat
And needed help to alter that.
So, off he hauled him to the Gym
With clear intent, to make him slim.
He'd start him on the Vaulting Horse
Which he would reinforce, of course.
Young Ethelred looked on, bemused
His Mother wouldn't be amused
At Teacher's plans to make him fit
In fact, she wouldn't hear of it.
He needed building up, she thought
Not turn into the skinny sort
Who suffered from perrenial ills
And spent their lives digesting pills.
But Ethelred felt that he should
Obey the Teacher if he could.
So even though he had no kit
Prepared himself to go for it.
He removed his shoes and socks
And headed for the vaulting box.
Determinedly he built up speed
Forgetting all about the need
To leave the ground and make a vault
A pretty catastrophic fault!
He hit the box with dreadful force
Destroying it, at once, of course.
But even then he did not stop
He hit the wall...And then went POP! !
And so, a word now, to the wise;
DO NOT MIX FOOD AND EXERCISE! ! ! ! ! ! !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Comments about Ethelred by Owain Glyn
Poems About Teacher
- 1. Ethelred , Owain Glyn
- 2. Teacher: Greater Than God , Shashikant Nishant Sharma
- 3. For My History Teacher , Aisha Sherazi
- 4. /a Novel Fable: Student At The Back Most.. , Christos Rodoulla Tsiailis
- 5. Mary Had A Little Vamp And Other Parodie.. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 6. Dear My Dear , otteri selvakumar
- 7. My Classroom , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 8. False Teeth - A Children's Poem , C Richard Miles
- 9. Attachment And Betrayal , nimal dunuhinga
- 10. My Favorite Teacher , Laurena Rocks
- 11. In The School , Ruma Chaudhuri
- 12. The Children Of The Lord's Supper. (From.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 13. The Children Are The Future Of Humanity , Francis Duggan
- 14. Free From Society , Jessica Elizondo
- 15. Useless Science , negar shahnouri
- 16. You Were My Mother You Were My Teacher , Susie Sunshine
- 17. As A Teacher , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 18. O Teacher , penyair aja
- 19. Miracle , nimal dunuhinga
- 20. Teacher Love , otteri selvakumar
- 21. A Good Friend , otteri selvakumar
- 22. First Piano Lesson.... [teen Infatuation.. , Bri Edwards
- 23. Class Excursion , Herbert Nehrlich
- 24. Her, Knowledge Guides Me, Best , Is It Poetry
- 25. Life At The Trigger's End , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 26. Methane Gas , Herbert Nehrlich
- 27. An Awaking Global Poetics-An Open Letter.. , Nyein Way
- 28. Physical Science , Gert Strydom
- 29. When I Die A Teacher , Pius Didier
- 30. School , veronica jewell
- 31. Hello Teacher , Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- 32. The Best Teacher Forever A.K. A My Secon.. , Lucia Tenezaca
- 33. A School Teacher , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 34. Offer Your Anger To Me As Fee! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 35. The Punishment. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 36. Eat, Yawn And Sleep , Raj Arumugam
- 37. My Headteacher Took My Walkman , Devang Gandhi
- 38. The Teacher , RonnieC Wright
- 39. Jurassic Park , Pradip Chattopadhyay
- 40. Think Inn The Box , Charles Hice
- 41. Nurturing Talents In Schools. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 42. Education's Tandem Rig , Bill Grace
- 43. The Flashback Of My Primary School Days! , rajendran muthiah
- 44. A Mouse Teaches Diogenes , Raj Arumugam
- 45. Teacher , Ashar Owais
- 46. My Teacher , Megan Simbeck
- 47. Hit Me Again , The pain of a last kiss
- 48. They Didn'T Know(Child Abuse) , Tracy Rollings
- 49. Teacher, Teacher , Clara Odelia Ciutara
- 50. Feelings , Morphing Professor
New Teacher Poems
- Ahimsa -A Yogic Way Of Life - Part 2, Dr. Geeta Radhakrishna Menon
- The Master’s Master, Crisanta Liu
- Ekalabya, NRUSINGHA MISHRA
- English Language As A Rocket Science, alexander opicho
- Teacher Teacher, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Teacher Is Ladder Of Life, S.D. TIWARI
- As A Teacher, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Teacher-A Student Relationship, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In The School, Ruma Chaudhuri
- carpe diem