Sympathy Poems - Poems For Sympathy
Poems about sympathy. You can read the best sympathy poems. Browse through all sympathy poems.
Lines On The Australian Dock Dispute (98) - Poem by Francis Duggan
My sympathy is not with the sacked Australian wharfies
Compared to most others they are overpaid
The old tired fight the bosses versus the workers
On the Australian docks is once again replayed.
And my sympathy is not with Chris Corrigan of Patrick Stevedores
He sacked one thousand four hundred of his men
Because they all were members of a Trade Union
Is union membership nowadays a sin? .
But least of all my sympathies are not with the Australian Government
They only seek to conquer and divide
They are the greatest culprits in this conflict
But soon their fate the people will decide.
I can feel sympathy for farmers and exporters and importers
They are between a rock and a hard place
This power struggle is going to cost them millions
This dock dispute an Australian disgrace.
But for the farm leaders I don't have any sympathy
For siding with the Government against the M.U.A.
They should have known that those who take sides in disputes
Win or lose will have some price to pay.
Perhaps the wharfies should have accepted their substantial redundancies
Although 'twould seem that they've not been treated fair
But my sympahies are with the lower paid workers
And the forgotten people on welfare.
And as for the Government elected by the people
For taking sides in disputes they were not empowered
And history will not look on them too kindly
Especially those two Reith and Johnny Howard.
On the WIK issue the Government had shown their true colours
They only seek to conquer and divide
But they were not elected for to be divisive
And the Australian people on their fate will soon decide.
And since the wharfies by the Federal Court are re-instated
Their jubilation with them I can't share
I see them as the privileged class of workers
And my sympathies will always be elsewhere.
Millions of dollars have been squandered on court battles
Between Patrick Stevedores and the M.U.A.
And poor Australia is the biggest loser
And barristers and judges getting wealthier by the day.
The likes of St Vincent De Paul and the Salvation Army
With the squandered millions could do quite a lot
They could help out the less privileged and needy
The people by this government forgot.
Comments about Lines On The Australian Dock Dispute (98) by Francis Duggan
Poems About Sympathy
- 1. Lines On The Australian Dock Dispute (98) , Francis Duggan
- 2. Vampires , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 3. It Was Meant To Be , Francis Duggan
- 4. Jehovah Witness , Charles Hice
- 5. Punch Up At 'Dart Man's Aim' , Francis Duggan
- 6. Forgotten Is Best , Michael Pruchnicki
- 7. Mirror Neurons , gershon hepner
- 8. Repayment For Sins , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 9. Somebody Out There , Aldo Kraas
- 10. Memories Unwelcome , shimon weinroth
- 11. Break Free! - Have A Ball! , Jonathan ROBIN
- 12. In Darkness , Gert Strydom
- 13. Bigots And Bigoted Agendas Are Dangerous , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 14. Treat Man More Than A Lion. , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 15. Grief's Floodgates , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 16. Deepest Sympathy , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17. Beyond Moments , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 18. People Would Generalize , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 19. Your Beauty Is No Secret , Gert Strydom
- 20. Rarely Is That The Outcome , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 21. Understand The Religions , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 22. Do Not Want , Rohit Sapra
- 23. The Words Have Been Changed. , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 24. Chronic Smoking In Indonesia , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 25. A Ship Need Not Be Sunk , hasmukh amathalal
- 26. The Accomplishment Of One's Healing , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 27. Another Venue , delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- 28. Fanatics In Paradise , gershon hepner
- 29. That Lonesome Word , Joyce Hemsley
- 30. An Old To Live Single Is A Hell , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 31. God: Reshapes Kingdom Seekers , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 32. Who Wants A Stone Heart? , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 33. Barfly , oskar hansen
- 34. Participating In The Enjoyment Of Life , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 35. Born To Be Healers , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 36. What Is Love? , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 37. The Communists Understand No Language, B.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 38. Prisms Of Light , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 39. With Eternity In His Mere Hand , Gert Strydom
- 40. Lack Of Deterrents , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 41. Mission Be Fulfilled , gajanan mishra
- 42. Authenticity , Jade TheBird
- 43. Praise Him, Nelson Mandela , Charles Jagongo
- 44. Selfishness And The Human Nature , Sebastian Soberania
- 45. Spring Pantoum , Maylee Bossy
- 46. Homeless , Abdullah alHemaidy
- 47. Free Me , daniel wentz
- 48. Poverty , venkatesh ram
- 49. Whatever , Shannon Dunlap
- 50. The Spirit's Prophecy , Josias Homely
New Sympathy Poems
- Sympathy For The Underdog, Paul Amrod
- Your Affection, Your Sympathy, I Need Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Family History, Morgan Michaels
- Flowers Of Love, Dream-Flowers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Sympathy, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Will I With It Sit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am Sympathy, arshad arshad
- Sympathy Is Worse Than Death., Nikhil Parekh
- In Sympathy Melt - For Jen Walls, C. P. Sharma
- I Need No Sympathy, Omaru Seinu Abdulgafar
- carpe diem