337.Choose Time Spanning Moments
taking you across
my time spans
beautiful places read more »
It never occurred to me that it is at night when most others fear this thing, this empty space around.
At night I swim alone. Dark water and the sound of arm strokes isolate me, and the beat, the way breathing gets to be like chanting… read more »
339.Our last Swim (R.I.P. Anne Mary Simon)
Our last Swim
For my beloved Anne Mary Simon read more »
340.Swimming in Time
Swimming in Time
By: Adam M. Snow
I am lost yet found; read more »
Standing in my blue summer-stained one-piece.
Twelve years old, fellow campers’ goose-bumped bodies wait
to start the swim across lake Coniston,
rowboats and canoes ready in case we drown, read more »
342.Exepts from 60 pour caprices for a long distance swimer
A friend asks why I swim. Why not a movie? A drink? Dinner? I answer that I swim for strength,
For rippling triceps and a dimple in my thigh. I hide the lie with a stroke: I swim for the silence of the water.
2. An older woman stopped swimming and watched me. What a graceful stroke! What she loved, of course, was the mirrored beauty of her youth-the forgotten pleasure of her toughened skin.
3. The water undulates like a womb I do not remember. My fingers poke through for life. The air is unfamiliar. read more »
343.I nearly met a poet once
I nearly met a poet once.
No I can’t swim, there are no swimming pools read more »
344.Swimming In Bedlam Park.
sans red beret
walked with you
to Bedlam Park read more »
345.Somewhere in my past
Somewhere in my past I spoke to horses
And listened to them argue about god,
I walked with them and ran though their grasses. read more »
346.The Last Word Heard
The night is a circle of round ripples from a sinking fish
A fish that was always a fish swimming its own current,
but to man it can seem a mermaid
and like most men who prefer not to swim the depths and face the dark layers of the agate waters read more »
347.The Four By One Relay
I bet you don't remember.
Their names are lost in yore.
Most don't know they lived at all,
The girls that I adore. read more »
348.when i couldn't swim across the english channel
When I could not swim across the English Channel,
I was drowned for the entire life.
The year was 1965. read more »
New Swimming Poems
- Swim my little children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Swimming sport., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Memories, Tony Adah
- Jonah Wills Us To Swallow Own Calamities?, Mark Heathcote
- Swimming the Allegheny River., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Swimming against the currents is unwelcome, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As Seen All Over The World, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- Haiku, Oduro Bright Amoh
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- an angle of angels........................, Eva Tortora
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- the perfect swim, Nikhil Parekh
- Changing Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Swimming But Crawling! (Don't Laugh), Geetha Jayakumar
- August ?? - ?????, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stars Become Sheaves, Abraham Sutzkever
- Yesterday Afternoon, Toshie Nohara
- Sea Turtle, Philo Yan
- Swim., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Swimming, gajanan mishra
- Body Of Bone, Naveed Akram
- Tear Drop Memories, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Water Solvent Memories, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Swimming Distilled Experiences, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Learn to Float, Champs Ulysses Cabinatan
- Amour, Emmanuel EEA
- Drowning Without Water, maria sudibyo
- >>Stone, Abdul Wahab
- Ripple Reflections, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Natasa Tocuc
- Within the sea, Casey Jarrell
- My kingdom of words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Interior Depths Of Oceans, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight Sweet Crab Meat, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Against The Flow, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- The Descent Of Alette ['The Water' 'of T.., Alice Notley
- The River, Albert Ahearn
- The Metamorphosis In The Clouds, Robert Rorabeck
- Into Muddied Seas, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Deep In The Ocean, norman hale
- 021. Diving By The Coral Reef, John Westlake
- Poems Swimming In My Mind, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Fish In An Aquarium, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fishes in a Sea of Love, Rachel Nichols
- She Found Him, JOBY JOHN
- In Your Ocean Of Beauty, gajanan mishra
- Let Me Dream, Doruk Kaynak
- The Astronaut, Luca Menin
- To Trim The Body, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Beaches, Lyn Poulton
- A Song to the Fish, East Sea Fairy East Sea Fairy
- Ducklings, Holly Elizabeth
- Swimming Reptile, Naveed Akram
- Duck Feather, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Ocean, courtney metcalf
- Lost In The RIvers Of Love, Jasmine Fafanyo Awagah
- Throughout the night there swam planets, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Carried Away, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetry and poems........, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- If I could swim in the flight path of an.., Mark Heathcote
- A Girl Who Swims With Her Head Above The.., Renji Mao
- Aches of life, ramesh rai
- Dream, Jagadish Goswami
- It's a life an opus of light/To je zivot.., Miroslava Odalovic
- Lost, Mary OBrien
- Otteri selvakumar # 1, otteri selvakumar
- When I Ruled, Ajibola Tolase
- On holiday on a island in the sun (rondi.., Gert Strydom
- So!, otteri selvakumar
- Scuba Diving, Alon Calinao Dy
- Summer, Savannah Bickford
- The Rite, Naveed Akram
Poems on / about :
- carpe diem