Strength Poems - Poems For Strength
Poems about strength. You can read the best strength poems. Browse through all strength poems.
A Nation's Strength - Poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson
What makes a nation's pillars high
And its foundations strong?
What makes it mighty to defy
The foes that round it throng?
It is not gold. Its kingdoms grand
Go down in battle shock;
Its shafts are laid on sinking sand,
Not on abiding rock.
Is it the sword? Ask the red dust
Of empires passed away;
The blood has turned their stones to rust,
Their glory to decay.
And is it pride? Ah, that bright crown
Has seemed to nations sweet;
But God has struck its luster down
In ashes at his feet.
Not gold but only men can make
A people great and strong;
Men who for truth and honor's sake
Stand fast and suffer long.
Brave men who work while others sleep,
Who dare while others fly...
They build a nation's pillars deep
And lift them to the sky.
Comments about A Nation's Strength by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poems About Strength
- 1. A Nation's Strength , Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 2. Sonnet 102: My Love Is Strengthened, Tho.. , William Shakespeare
- 3. The Strength Of A Woman , Naomi Johnson
- 4. The Strength Of Fate , Euripides
- 5. Renewal Of Strength , Frances Ellen Watkins Harper
- 6. The Burden Of Strength , George Meredith
- 7. The Strength Of The Lonely , Vachel Lindsay
- 8. O God, The Rock Of My Whole Strength , John Wilbye
- 9. The Strength Of Fields , James Dickey
- 10. Love Is Strength , George MacDonald
- 11. God Our Strength , John Bowring
New Strength Poems
- Aquarius Woman, Kewayne Wadley
- Strength, Emily 1 Krauss
- Give Me Strength - My Love, gajanan mishra
- To Exist And Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Your Loving Strength, Michael P. McParland
- The Strength Of A Man, Ifeoma idoko
- It Takes Courage, Anonymous
- Seven Rings, Peter Black
- Your Words Give Strength, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Strength, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- carpe diem