Sorrow Poems - Poems For Sorrow
Poems about sorrow. You can read the best sorrow poems. Browse through all sorrow poems.
The Harder Part - Poem by Edgar Albert Guest
It's mighty hard for Mother—I am busy through the day
And the tasks of every morning keep the gloomy thoughts away,
And I'm not forever meeting with a slipper or a gown
To remind me of our sorrow when I'm toiling in the town.
But with Mother it is different—there's no minute she is free
From the sight of things which tell her of the joy which used to be.
She is brave and she is faithful, and we say we're reconciled,
But your hearts are always heavy once you've lost a little child;
And a man can face his sorrow in a manly sort of way,
For his grief must quickly leave him when he's busy through the day;
But the mother's lot is harder—she must learn to sing and smile
Though she's living in the presence of her sorrow all the while.
Through the room where love once waited she must tip-toe day by day,
She must see through every window where the baby used to play,[Pg 63]
And there's not a thing she touches, nor a task she finds to do,
But it sets her heart to aching and begins the hurt anew.
Oh, a man can turn from sorrow, for his mind is occupied,
But the mother's lot is harder—grief is always at her side.
Comments about The Harder Part by Edgar Albert Guest
Poems About Sorrow
- 1. The Harder Part , Edgar Albert Guest
- 2. Half A Poem , Leslie Alexis
- 3. Because I Have Loved Life , Amelia Josephine Burr
- 4. Love - Evening Of Sorrow , Jithu Varghese
- 5. Finding Myself , lori stlouis
- 6. The Beauty Of Sorrow , Funmbi Aransiola
- 7. Unfragile , Anthony Gitoré
- 8. I Am , ruchi upadhyay
- 9. Dancing With Sorrow , Roland Jr Jamito
- 10. Of Sorrow , Is It Poetry
- 11. The Ultimate Hiss Of Death. , Nikhil Parekh
- 12. Someone's Mother , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 13. Deathly Silence , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 14. Sometimes In Your Sadness , RIC S. BASTASA
- 15. Sandrine Sonnet Cycle 2005 Copy I - Lxx , Jonathan ROBIN
- 16. A Painkiller , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 17. Shehanu , Edward Kofi Louis
- 18. Even The Purity Of The Snow , Atef Ayadi
- 19. The Cleaning Agents , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 20. Prophet's Sound Of Singing , starseven0 starseven0
- 21. Tune Out From Time After Francis Thompso.. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 22. Thiruvalluvar's Couplets On 'Intrepidity.. , rajendran muthiah
- 23. Inner Laughter , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 24. Town Of Sorrow , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 25. Sorrow , Crimson Love
- 26. The Heart Will Move Away The Sorrow(Nafa.. , Miroslava Odalovic
- 27. Sorrow Versus Revenge...Justify , elysabeth faslund
- 28. Sorrow And My Nation , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- 29. Teenage Girl Youth Green Mask , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 30. Some Things You Weep Over Forever , Patrick White
- 31. Sorrow Is Better Than Insomnia. , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 32. The Sea Of Ecstasy Has Ebbed And Gone, D.. , Narsinh Mehta
- 33. A Song Of Joy And Sorrow , Francis Duggan
- 34. Sorrows , Bob Gotti
- 35. There Is A Poem Of Outrage And Sorrow , Shalom Freedman
- 36. Parting , Edwina Reizer
- 37. The Bridal Of Lady Aideen , Dora Sigerson Shorter
- 38. Joining With Sorrow , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 39. Real Happiness. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 40. What It Means To Love An Ocean? , Mark Heathcote
- 41. At The Junction.... , RIC S. BASTASA
- 42. Old Sorrow, I'Ve Forgotten Your Name , Patrick White
- 43. Keep My Life In Sorrow , gajanan mishra
- 44. Thirty Days' Prayer To St. Joseph , Justin Reamer
- 45. Life Altering Effects , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 46. Uncomprehending Sorrow , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 47. I And You Were Both Together Saved , Mark Heathcote
- 48. Feel All Good, For God-The Same. , Michael Gale
- 49. Let Us Love, Though Not Forever , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 50. Thoughts Of Dying , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
New Sorrow Poems
- Edge Of Tomorrow, Thomas Becker
- The Joy Of Chasing My Sorrow...., DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- Little Bird, Adam M. Snow
- Sorrow Everywhere, KHAYA CLARENCE
- Lost Consolation, Sadiqullah Khan
- Suicide, Bunny Boo Vana
- My Very Own Private Summer, Dónall Dempsey
- Castle In The Sand, Jim Yerman
- Fate, Shameca Biggs
- The Senses Of Sorrow, Maureen Carey
- carpe diem