Son Poems - Poems For Son
Poems about son. You can read the best son poems. Browse through all son poems.
The Younger Son - Poem by Robert William Service
If you leave the gloom of London and you seek a glowing land,
Where all except the flag is strange and new,
There's a bronzed and stalwart fellow who will grip you by the hand,
And greet you with a welcome warm and true;
For he's your younger brother, the one you sent away
Because there wasn't room for him at home;
And now he's quite contented, and he's glad he didn't stay,
And he's building Britain's greatness o'er the foam.
When the giant herd is moving at the rising of the sun,
And the prairie is lit with rose and gold,
And the camp is all abustle, and the busy day's begun,
He leaps into the saddle sure and bold.
Through the round of heat and hurry, through the racket and the rout,
He rattles at a pace that nothing mars;
And when the night-winds whisper and camp-fires flicker out,
He is sleeping like a child beneath the stars.
When the wattle-blooms are drooping in the sombre she-oak glade,
And the breathless land is lying in a swoon,
He leaves his work a moment, leaning lightly on his spade,
And he hears the bell-bird chime the Austral noon.
The parrakeets are silent in the gum-tree by the creek;
The ferny grove is sunshine-steeped and still;
But the dew will gem the myrtle in the twilight ere he seek
His little lonely cabin on the hill.
Around the purple, vine-clad slope the argent river dreams;
The roses almost hide the house from view;
A snow-peak of the Winterberg in crimson splendor gleams;
The shadow deepens down on the karroo.
He seeks the lily-scented dusk beneath the orange tree;
His pipe in silence glows and fades and glows;
And then two little maids come out and climb upon his knee,
And one is like the lily, one the rose.
He sees his white sheep dapple o'er the green New Zealand plain,
And where Vancouver's shaggy ramparts frown,
When the sunlight threads the pine-gloom he is fighting might and main
To clinch the rivets of an Empire down.
You will find him toiling, toiling, in the south or in the west,
A child of nature, fearless, frank, and free;
And the warmest heart that beats for you is beating in his breast,
And he sends you loyal greeting o'er the sea.
You've a brother in the army, you've another in the Church;
One of you is a diplomatic swell;
You've had the pick of everything and left him in the lurch,
And yet I think he's doing very well.
I'm sure his life is happy, and he doesn't envy yours;
I know he loves the land his pluck has won;
And I fancy in the years unborn, while England's fame endures,
She will come to bless with pride -- The Younger Son.
Comments about The Younger Son by Robert William Service
Poems About Son
- 51. The Younger Son , Robert William Service
- 52. Time Of The Son , LLM Mbatha
- 53. Father, Son, Spirit , Teresa Gonzalez-Lee
- 54. Epitaph On Her Son H. P. , Katherine Philips
- 55. To His Son, Vincent Corbet , Richard Corbet
- 56. Sailor Son , Robert William Service
- 57. The Son Of The Evening Star , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 58. To My Elder Son (Deliverance) , Valsa George
- 59. 0178 Mother And Son , Michael Shepherd
- 60. My Son, My Precious One , Sally Campbell
- 61. Just Why The Son Was Given , Bob Gotti
- 62. Happy Birthday Son (Feb 19-2nd Bday) , MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
- 63. If I Had A Son , hamid kareem
- 64. The Parson's Son , Robert William Service
- 65. To Our Son With Love , hewitt hardy
- 66. Son Of The Moon , Aldo Kraas
- 67. My Son , Scott Austin
- 68. Son, Say No To Drugs.... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 69. Prayer To The Son Of God , Raluca Rodica Ratiu
- 70. Burden Of Adam's Son.......Intertwined L.. , saadat tahir
- 71. The Mother Believes Her Son , Francis Duggan
- 72. I Am My Father's Son , Randy McClave
- 73. (parable, Part 1) Nowhere: The Prodigal.. , David Lovell
- 74. Anyone, Everyone's Son , jerry hughes
- 75. Father And Son , Arti Honrao
- 76. The Son Of A Fisherman , ANDREW BLAKEMORE
- 77. Mother To Son , Mamta Agarwal
- 78. The Prodigal Son , Sandra Martyres
- 79. To My Son On His Wedding Day , Agim Bacelli
- 80. Goodbye (From A Son To His Mom) , Edward Anderson
- 81. Sonnet: Like Father, So Son , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 82. A Son Was Born To A Poor Peasant , Fyodor Sologub
- 83. When The Son Makes The Mistake , RIC S. BASTASA
- 84. Your Son , jennifer marcelino
- 85. The Son Is Sold. , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 86. The Son I Never Knew I Had , Florence P. Wordsmith
- 87. A Mother's Heart Breaks For Her Son - (J.. , Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
- 88. My Son, You Can Make It , Ashley Jackson
- 89. The Chosen Son , ~~~ Leaven ~~~
- 90. Father Like Son , keturah bailey
- 91. Ode To King Saul's Son , Frederick Kesner
- 92. The Prodigal Son , lilly mandrell
- 93. My Son , Robert William Service
- 94. Parable Of The Prodigal Son , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 95. Super Basketball Son , Carol Pelletier
- 96. He Is His Father's Son , Francis Duggan
- 97. Mother's Day (From A Son) , JAMES T. ADAIR
- 98. My Son , Carrie Robbins
- 99. Sonnet- Jesus, The Son Of God , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 100. Father And Son In The Second Person , Matt Mullins
New Son Poems
- Tirukkural Chapter 07 - Couplets 7,8,9,10, Rajaram Ramachandran
- Impregnable Humanity, Nikhil Parekh
- Vagrant Child, Harley White
- Dad, Why Is He Crying, Curtisj Johnson
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Jesus In The Quran, zaheer uddin
- Essays On Literature, alexander opicho
- What Can I Do His My Son, salma. torrez
- Everest, Mark Heathcote
- Will Always Love You My Son, fred sweetguy
- carpe diem