Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
An Old Soldier - Poem by Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
A Tribute to all veterans, and all of our brave soldiers, God bless you!
Friend, I have faced many a difficult battle,
Dangerous missions requiring real backbone.
As a soldier, I have encountered hard times,
But this trip was the toughest one I had known.
My feet became heavy, but still I advanced...
Moving down the long hallway to where he lay;
This man was my best friend and fellow soldier,
But I had received news he would die today.
His room was now only a few feet from me;
I became frozen, standing there at his door.
I had come to say good-bye to my comrade,
For after today, I would see him no more.
He was sitting up, as if waiting for me;
I noticed an old familiar smile on his face.
He said, 'Soldier, I'm sure glad you came today,
For soon, ole buddy, I'll be leaving this place.
I guess you know I don't like these hospitals:
There's just too much sufferin' n' pain.
'Sides, these places stir up too many memories,
Some I've been reliving again and again.
But, Soldier, I've got a brand new assignment;
I'm goin' t' a land where there ain't no wars,
A place where the winds of peace are a'blowin'...
It's a long mission, away up b'yond the stars.
Yes, sir, I'm ready, be gone in a short while,
But there's a thing or two I'd like you to know.
You, partner, are this old soldier's best friend.
Sure gon'na miss our talks, and I've loved you so.'
As he spoke, a glow came upon his old face,
Like none that I had ever seen there before.
He said, 'Listen up, Soldier, I'm being called;
There's a messenger a'standin' at my door! '
I took his hand as he squeezed mine so tightly,
I swear, I have never seen him so at ease.
Then, his head turning, I saw him smile widely.
'The Commander's callin'... I feel heaven's breeze! '
Then just like that, that brave old soldier was gone;
I could feel his firm grip on my hand release.
I stood at full attention to salute him,
And said, 'So long, Dad... now go on... rest in peace.'
Comments about An Old Soldier by Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
Poems About Soldier
- 51. An Old Soldier , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 52. The Soldier , katie
- 53. Soldier Freddy , Spike Milligan
- 54. Just A Soldier , Eleanor ...
- 55. Hello, Soldier! , Edward George Dyson
- 56. At The Sound Of The Drum , Edith Nesbit
- 57. Ch 01 Manner Of Kings Story 21 , Saadi Shirazi
- 58. A Song Of Truce , Robert Fuller Murray
- 59. Old Soldier , Padraic Colum
- 60. A Soldier , Summer Sandercox
- 61. Tribute To My Man (Tupac Amaru Shakur) , Anonymous Daughter
- 62. Christ And The Soldier , Siegfried Sassoon
- 63. Lydia Puckett , Edgar Lee Masters
- 64. The Cross Roads , Robert Southey
- 65. A Soldier , Denise Girod
- 66. The Wars And The Unknown Soldier , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 67. A Soldier Home From A War , David Harris
- 68. La Cloche Fêlée (The Cracked Bell) , Charles Baudelaire
- 69. The Last Salute , Robert Nichols
- 70. What You Find , ty. bohls
- 71. Soldier Going To The War , Richard Le Gallienne
- 72. Save Water Save Life , hasmukh amathalal
- 73. Edge To Edge (Post Post Modern Poetry) , Sadiqullah Khan
- 74. Oh! He's Nothing But A Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 75. Promise Of A Lie , Sean Foxx
- 76. Lines In Praise Of Tommy Atkins , William Topaz McGonagall
- 77. It's Christmas Day! All's Secure , David Harris
- 78. Except Love Life Is Meaningless , Abdul Wahab
- 79. Soldier , Corey Fauchon
- 80. Wedding Memory , hasmukh amathalal
- 81. (105) Something In Common , premji premji
- 82. Mr Soldier , Babatunde Aremu
- 83. When It's Over , Max Plowman
- 84. The Soldier , Bill Simmons
- 85. A Great Soldier Yet To Be Seen..... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 86. Soldier , Lil Phoenix
- 87. Ellipse #78(…candy Bar) , Joe Guillotin
- 88. Military Christmas , Matthew Cole
- 89. Baby Saves The Day , Suzae Chevalier
- 90. An American Soldier , Tracey Marquart
- 91. Freedom , ty. bohls
- 92. The Soldier Birds , Henry Lawson
- 93. Come Home , Only Yours
- 94. Mother’s Cry Of Late , Mark R Slaughter
- 95. In A Soldier...You Will Find... , Philip Lore
- 96. At The Grave Of The Unknown Soldier , Francis Duggan
- 97. Toy Soldier , Vickie Forrest Wiggs
- 98. Soldiers Heart , katie
- 99. Dear, Soldier Boy , Jessica Beal
- 100. Lonely Soldier And An Enemy , Chris G. Vaillancourt
New Soldier Poems
- Soldiers, Chukwukere Timothy
- The Tale Of The Lone Soldier, Tarakesh Govardhan
- My Dad, Pius Didier
- Yes I Am A Soldier, spandan dash
- Killer On The Road, John Castellenas
- Christ And The Soldier, Siegfried Sassoon
- Fight, Soldier, Fight, Lisbon Tawanda Chigwenjere
- The Blue Light, Cheyenn Bartlett
- The Soldier Gives The Right, Jon M. Nelson
- The Soldier And The Common Man, rohan bendre
- carpe diem