Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
13.Ashes Of Soldiers
Again a verse for sake of you,
You soldiers in the ranks- you Volunteers,
Who bravely fighting, silent fell,
To fill unmention'd graves.
ASHES of soldiers!
As I muse, retrospective, murmuring a chant in thought,
Lo! the war resumes- again to my sense your shapes,
And again the advance of armies.
Noiseless as mists and vapors,
From their graves in the trenches ascending,
From the cemeteries all through Virginia and Tennessee,
From every point of the compass, out of the countless unnamed graves,
In wafted clouds, in myraids large, or squads of twos or threes, or
single ones, they come,
And silently gather round me. 10
Now sound no note, O trumpeters!
Not at the head of my cavalry, parading on spirited horses,
With sabres drawn and glist'ning, and carbines by their thighs- (ah,
my brave horsemen!
My handsome, tan-faced horsemen! what life, what joy and pride,
With all the perils, were yours!)
Nor you drummers- neither at reveille, at dawn,
Nor the long roll alarming the camp- nor even the muffled beat for a
Nothing from you, this time, O drummers, bearing my warlike drums.
But aside from these, and the marts of wealth, and the crowded
Admitting around me comrades close, unseen by the rest, and
The slain elate and alive again- the dust and debris alive,
I chant this chant of my silent soul, in the name of all dead
Faces so pale, with wondrous eyes, very dear, gather closer yet;
Draw close, but speak not.
Phantoms of countless lost!
Invisible to the rest, henceforth become my companions!
Follow me ever! desert me not, while I live.
Sweet are the blooming cheeks of the living! sweet are the musical
But sweet, ah sweet, are the dead, with their silent eyes.
Dearest comrades! all is over and long gone; 30
But love is not over- and what love, O comrades!
Perfume from battle-fields rising- up from foetor arising.
Perfume therefore my chant, O love! immortal Love!
Give me to bathe the memories of all dead soldiers,
Shroud them, embalm them, cover them all over with tender pride!
Perfume all! make all wholesome!
Make these ashes to nourish and blossom,
O love! O chant! solve all, fructify all with the last chemistry.
Give me exhaustless- make me a fountain,
That I exhale love from me wherever I go, like a moist perennial dew,
For the ashes of all dead soldiers. read more »
14.Adieu To A Soldier
ADIEU, O soldier!
You of the rude campaigning, (which we shared,)
The rapid march, the life of the camp, read more »
The nursery fire burns brightly, crackling in cheerful little explosions
and trails of sparks up the back of the chimney. Miniature rockets read more »
The idea danced before us as a flag;
The sound of martial music;
The thrill of carrying a gun;
Advancement in the world on coming home; read more »
17.Soldier An' Sailor Too
As I was spittin' into the Ditch aboard o' the ~Crocodile~,
I seed a man on a man-o'-war got up in the Reg'lars' style.
'E was scrapin' the paint from off of 'er plates,
an' I sez to 'im, ''Oo are you?' read more »
"Soldier, soldier come from the wars,
Why don't you march with my true love?"
"We're fresh from off the ship an' 'e's maybe give the slip,
An' you'd best go look for a new love." read more »
19.The Young British Soldier
When the 'arf-made recruity goes out to the East
'E acts like a babe an' 'e drinks like a beast,
An' 'e wonders because 'e is frequent deceased
Ere 'e's fit for to serve as a soldier. read more »
20.A Mystic As Soldier
I lived my days apart,
Dreaming fair songs for God;
By the glory in my heart
Covered and crowned and shod. read more »
My soldier boy has crossed the sea
To fight the foeman;
But he'll come back to make of me
And honest woman. read more »
22.The Soldier Of Fortune
'Deny your God! ' they ringed me with their spears;
Blood-crazed were they, and reeking from the strife;
Hell-hot their hate, and venom-fanged their sneers,
And one man spat on me and nursed a knife. read more »
Yes. Why do we áll, seeing of a soldier, bless him? bless
Our redcoats, our tars? Both these being, the greater part,
But frail clay, nay but foul clay. Here it is: the heart,
Since, proud, it calls the calling manly, gives a guess read more »
24.The Street Sounds to the Soldiers' Tread
The street sounds to the soldiers' tread,
And out we troop to see:
A single redcoat turns his head,
He turns and looks at me. read more »
New Soldier Poems
- A Soldier's Belief, Randy McClave
- Fight, Soldier, Fight, Lisbon Tawanda Chigwenjere
- A Campaign Revisited (revised), Terry Dawson
- The Soldier Gives The Right, Jon M. Nelson
- A Stonecrossed Grave (A Poem in Remembra.., Terry Dawson
- Silent Sildier, shelbie bozeman
- live like a soldier, Aishal madaan
- We Need To Honor Our Soldiers, norman hale
- Run soldier run, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Too many times (Tritina), Gert Strydom
- Brave Soldier, Dennis Walker
- Soldier Blue 2, Terry Deal
- SOLDIER, Atlay Mwenifumbo
- A foot soldier, ameya deshpande
- My Young Soldier;, Heather Sandvoss
- Soldier Boy, Eric Paeplow
- Death Serves In The Wars, Richard O'Connor
- A Song For The Irish Militia, Thomas Davis
- Soldier, Kris Smith
- Leaves, Sky Welch
- I Want to be a Soldier, Idris Adesina
- Tin Heart, Tsunami HiroshiSu
- The Lone Soldier, Madman Poet
- SOLDIER, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Like Toy Soldiers, devillinzee killer
- Kargil Warfare, Areena Arora
- BATTLE RULES OF TAMIL'S, k.sathish kumar
- A Soldiers Dream, tylor bearman
- Mother’s Cry of Late, Mark R Slaughter
- War Field, ram kausik
- My Uncle is a Soldier, krystian huizar
- Funeral march, jathin aka jesuzz
- I was a Soldier once, Rik Bertrand
- my brother in law the soldier, dawn hunter
- A Soldier- Dedicated to Nicholas Shelton, Caleb Jones
- A Song For The Irish Militia, Thomas Osborne Davis
- The Irish Soldier, John Banim
- Kittie’s Toys, Dora Sigerson Shorter
- Shells Of Soldiers, Kennedy Oluoma
- An American Soldier, Tracey Marquart
- I am Soldier, David Aoloch Bion
- I am a soldier, shashank shekhar roy
- God Bless US, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Soldier's Ghost, Mark R Slaughter
- At The Sound Of The Drum, Edith Nesbit
- Christian Soldiers, Barbara Blevins
- Soldier Going To The War, Richard Le Gallienne
- The Boy Patriot, James Whitcomb Riley
- Society, Madrason writer
- Lone Soldier, Heaven and Earth
- The Battle, Corey Fauchon
- SOLDIER, magenta cyans
- Victorious Soldier, Megan Streett
- A Soldier, Summer Sandercox
- fight soldier fight, jason mcgookin
- Little Soldier Boy, Nedra Pepin
- The Soldier (memorial day memorial day m.., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Come Home, Only Yours
- Young Soldier, Only Yours
- A soldier stands, jessica brocklesby
- (ballad) If I could.., Connetta Jean
- In A Soldier...You Will Find..., Philip Lore
- The World Back Home...The Soldiers Life, Philip Lore
- Canadian War, payam specto
- Soldier, Corey Fauchon
- Promise Of A Lie, Sean Foxx
- Soldiers Are Courageous & Strong, Linda Racaniello
- Soldier (not really a poem), Joshua Decker
- Faces of war, michael neguse
- Let's Remember Those Soldiers, norman hale
- Nigerian Biafran War, micheal udenyi
- A Soldiers Dream, Juan Duarte
- born a soldier, Elorm Dogbo
- Celestial Soldier, Samantha Bougie
- carpe diem