Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
Advice To A Soldier - Poem by Rees Prichard
SOLDIER, before thou marchest out to fight,
To serve the Crown, and in thy country's right,
Pray to the Lord, and he'll to thee impart
Strength, martial skill, and a courageous heart.
'Tis God, that gives the loyal soldier might,
'Tis God, that gives him knowledge how to fight,
'Tis by God's aid, his expert fingers know
To toss the Pike, or bend the stubborn bow.
The God of armies is a warrior strong,
A safe retreat from injury and wrong;
From him alone comes conquest and success:
Implore his aid, and He thy arms will bless.
Prayer is better and more useful far,
To ev'ry Soldier in the time of war,
Than any armour to fence off a blow,
Or than a Sword is, to offend the foe.
The hands of Moses, lifted up on high,
To supplicate assistance from the sky,
More than the sword of Joshua destroy'd,
And all the troops that gallant chief employ'd.
Jonathan's prayer greater numbers slew,
Among the Philistine disheartned crew,
Than were by Saul and all his army slain,
In various conflicts on th' ensanguin'd plain.
More prevalent was David's pray'r by far,
Th' enormous giant to o'ercome in war,
Than those smooth stones which from his scrip he took,
Though thro' his forehead one of them he strook.
Elijah, though no weapons he employ'd,
Besides his pray'rs, two captains erst destroy'd
With both the companies they brought along.
What then, on Earth, than Prayer is more strong?
The Pray'r of Judith of more use was found
Than those strong walls, which did the town surround,
To save Bethulia's war-devoted tow'rs
From Holofernes' desolating pow'rs.
Before thou enterest the mortal fray,
Lift up thy hands immediately to pray,
As valiant Joshua was wont to do,
So shalt thou meet success against the foe.
Thy hands for battle prudently prepare,
And earnestly incline thy mind to pray'r,
And thou shalt find that Prayer can do more
Than both thy hands against an adverse pow'r.
Comments about Advice To A Soldier by Rees Prichard
Poems About Soldier
- 1. Advice To A Soldier , Rees Prichard
- 2. My Soldier Is The Best Their Is To Me , kristy skaggs
- 3. Psychic Soil , Deborah Way
- 4. A Wife Is Waiting , Philip Lore
- 5. Rememberance Day , Theresa Goertz
- 6. Cruelty , Rafeeque C.K
- 7. Soldier , SWETA LEENA PANDA
- 8. Sweetness Of The Sweetest Angel , dorian suchelle
- 9. An Excerpt From 'The Awakening' , Bron Dayvid
- 10. My Future , Calvin Nyangena
- 11. The Return , Shirani Rajapakse
- 12. Stains Of Love , Tlou Romeo
- 13. Peace Of War , Jon M. Nelson
- 14. Where's Your Heart? , E 1 P 1
- 15. The Soldier Man , Kingsley Ukpanyang
- 16. Black Samurai , George mwandu
- 17. The Mechanism Of Life , SaviorsLavish Human
- 18. Death's Living Soldier , Chloe I. P.
- 19. Salvation Of Her , dorian suchelle
- 20. Tags Of Life , Jenn Smith
- 21. Death For Peace , victoria alyse gleason
- 22. The Burial Of General Craufurd At Ciudad.. , Cicely Fox Smith
- 23. Mrs Todd , Llewelyn Griffiths
- 24. Soldier Of Love Dedicated To Ms. Helenfa.. , Sonia Limas
- 25. The Soldier , Ross DixPeek
New Soldier Poems
- Killer On The Road, John Castellenas
- Christ And The Soldier, Siegfried Sassoon
- Fight, Soldier, Fight, Lisbon Tawanda Chigwenjere
- The Blue Light, Cheyenn Bartlett
- The Soldier Gives The Right, Jon M. Nelson
- The Soldier And The Common Man, rohan bendre
- Heart Of A Soldier, Crystal Garcia
- Live Like A Soldier, Aishal madaan
- Run Soldier Run, KHAYA CLARENCE
- Brave Soldier, Dennis Walker
- carpe diem