Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier - Welcome Home Soldier
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
Welcome Home Soldier - Poem by David Barlow
Brave Soldier wounded in Iraq,
Lost his Mate in the same attack.
Sent back home to the NHS;
Military Hospitals all closed now.
Welcome home, go to A&E,
Be patience Dear just join the queue.
Go over there to the waiting room,
Wait with the Drunks and the Addicts to.
No Uniform please in case it offends?
Welcome home my Soldier friend.
Lost a limb an Arm or a Leg,
Got badly Burned or Shot in the Head.
You‘ll get your Op be patient Dear,
Your back home now, so wait your turn.
Anyone check you for PTS,
Or Council about your friend’s sudden death.
Not British old boy, don’t be so silly,
Stiff upper lip, pull your self together.
Torn apart from your Comrades, ones you relied on,
The only ones who could understand.
Those who shared all the Trauma and Hardships,
The Dangers the Blood and the Fear.
Invalided out of the Army and back home now,
How lonely you feel with no one to share.
With no one to listen and no one to care,
About all of the things you saw while out there.
Got an appointment to see the Queen,
At Buckingham Palace no less.
In London today and feeling so proud,
Collecting his Medal for Bravery.
With Oxford Street close at hand,
He decides to visit the Shops.
Gets told to leave at one Famous Store,
“In case Uniform offends.”
For Queen and Country and a grateful Nation,
The Recruitment Sergeant said.
It’s nice to be back home again,
Where the Uniform offends.
Just home from War,
Broken, bruised, battered and scarred by horrors he has seen,
Now he’s back home and the Uniform offends? ? ? ?
Now that’s offensive to me.
Don’t agree with the War, that’s a point of view,
If you’re in the Armed Forces you go were you’re told.
Those who have Served deserve better than this,
Respect and care at the very least.
Welcome home Soldier from a Grateful Nation.
Comments about Welcome Home Soldier by David Barlow
Poems About Soldier
- 1. A Soldier , Robert Frost
- 2. 1914 V: The Soldier , Rupert Brooke
- 3. The Soldier , Robert Frost
- 4. Adieu To A Soldier , Walt Whitman
- 5. A Mystic As Soldier , Siegfried Sassoon
- 6. Prayer Of A Soldier In France , Joyce Kilmer
- 7. The Young British Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 8. The Young Soldier , Wilfred Owen
- 9. The Fallen Soldier , Branden Hidalgo
- 10. Soldier An' Sailor Too , Rudyard Kipling
- 11. The Soldier Fights , katie
- 12. Young Soldier , Only Yours
- 13. Unknown Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 14. The Soldier (Memorial Day Memorial Day M.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 15. Soldier, Maiden, And Flower , Eugene Field
- 16. Soldier, Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 17. God And The Soldier , Anonymous
- 18. God And The Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 19. The Soldier , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 20. Soldier, Rest! Thy Warfare O'Er, , Sir Walter Scott
- 21. The Death Of A Soldier , Wallace Stevens
- 22. The Dumb Soldier , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 23. A Tale From A Union Soldier , Jeff Fleischer
- 24. ! Soldier Vs Terrorists! , Rema Prasanaa
- 25. Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 26. The Soldier , katie
- 27. Soldier Freddy , Spike Milligan
- 28. Just A Soldier , Eleanor ...
- 29. Hello, Soldier! , Edward George Dyson
- 30. The Soldier , John Clare
- 31. A Soldier , Summer Sandercox
- 32. On A Soldier Fallen In The Philippines , William Vaughn Moody
- 33. Soldier: Twentieth Century , Isaac Rosenberg
- 34. The Broken Soldier , Katharine Tynan
- 35. Any Soldier To His Son , Anonymous English
- 36. Taps For My Soldier , C.J. Heck
- 37. Dirge For A Soldier , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 38. A Soldier , Denise Girod
- 39. The Wars And The Unknown Soldier , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 40. A Soldier Home From A War , David Harris
- 41. The Soldier Boy Lies Dying , Scarlett Treat
- 42. ! Soldier ! , GAYATRI NAMBIAR
- 43. A Soldier To America. , JOSE MURGUIA
- 44. The Return Of The Soldier , Franklin Pierce Adams
- 45. Welcome Home Soldier , David Barlow
- 46. My Husband, My Soldier, My Hero, My Friend , Courtney Lane
- 47. Soldier Going To The War , Richard Le Gallienne
- 48. Oh! He's Nothing But A Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 49. Soldier, Wake , Sir Walter Scott
- 50. Teacher, Soldier With A Pen , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
New Soldier Poems
- What If (2) The Screamer, barry conway
- Two Soldiers-A Play, Rohan Bendre
- November 4,2011, Felix Emeka George
- A Salute To The Indian Soldier, Veer Dhiman
- My Soldier Boy, EBOM TOBE CHURCHILL
- The Soldier of Mictlán, Rigoberto González
- Soldiers, Chukwukere Timothy
- The Tale Of The Lone Soldier, Tarakesh Govardhan
- My Dad, Pius Didier
- Yes I Am A Soldier, spandan dash
- carpe diem