Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier - Hello, Soldier!
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
Hello, Soldier! - Poem by Edward George Dyson
Back again 'n' nothin' missin' barrin'
arf a hand,
Where an Abdul bit me, chokin' in the Holy
'Struth, they got some dirty fighters in the
Bull-nosed slugs their sneakin' snipers spat
ters in yer back
Blows a gapin' sort iv pit in
What a helephant could sit in.
Bounced their bullets, if yeh please,
Like the 'oppers in a cheese,
Off me rubber pelt in droves,
Moppin' up the other coves.
So here's me once more at large in
Bay-street, Port, a bloomin' Sargin'.
“Cri, it jumbo.” “Have a beer.”
“Wot-o, Anzac; you're a dear.”
Back once more on Moley's corner, loafin' like
Back on Bourke, me livin' image, not a
Solid ez the day I started, medals on me
Switchin' with me pert melacca, swankin'
with the best
Where the little wimmen's flowin',
With their veils 'n' ribbons blowin'-
See their eyes of bloo 'n' brown
Butterflyin' 'bout the town!
Back at 'ome-oh, 'struth, it's good!
Long, cold lagers from the wood,
Ev'ry cobber jumpin' at you,
Strangers duckin' in to bat you-
“Good ole Jumbo, how're you?”
“'Ello, soldier, howja do?”
Back at Grillo's where the nigger googs his
Plucks his black ole greasy banjo while the
Fish 'n' chips, a pint iv local, and the tidy
Dancin' glad attendance on yeh 'zif yeh was
Trailin' round the blazin' city,
Feelin' all content 'n' pretty,
Where the smart procession goes,
Prinked 'n' polished to the shows,
One among the happy drive-
'Sworth the world to be alive!
Dames ez smilin' ez a mother,
Ev'ry man ver fav'rit brother:
“'Ello, Jumbo, how is it ?”
“Arr there, soldier! Good 'n' fit?”
Takin' hozone at St. Kilder's good enough
Seein' Summer and the star-blink simmer in
Cantin' up me bloomin' cady, toyin' with a
Blowin' out me pout a little, chattin' wide 'n'
When there's skirt around to skite to.
Say, 'oo has a better right to?
Done me bit 'n' done it well,
Got the tag iv plate to tell;
Square Gallipoli surviver,
With a touch iv Colonel's guyver.
“Sargin' Jumbo, good ole son!”
“Soldier, soldier, you're the one!”
Back again, a wounded hero, moochin' up 'n'
Feelin' 'sthough I'd got a fond arf-Nelson on
Never was so gay, so 'elp me, never felt so
Fresh from 'ell a paradise ain't very hard to
After filth, 'n' flies, 'n' slaughter
Fat brown babies in the water,
Singin' people on the sand
Makes a boshter Happy Land!
War what toughened hone 'n' hide
Turned a feller soft inside!
Great it is, the 'earty greetin's,
Friendly digs, 'n' cheerful meetin's
“'Ello, Jumbo, howja do?”
“Soldier, soldier, how're you?”
Comments about Hello, Soldier! by Edward George Dyson
Poems About Soldier
- 1. A Soldier , Robert Frost
- 2. 1914 V: The Soldier , Rupert Brooke
- 3. The Soldier , Robert Frost
- 4. Adieu To A Soldier , Walt Whitman
- 5. A Mystic As Soldier , Siegfried Sassoon
- 6. Prayer Of A Soldier In France , Joyce Kilmer
- 7. The Young British Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 8. The Young Soldier , Wilfred Owen
- 9. The Fallen Soldier , Branden Hidalgo
- 10. Soldier An' Sailor Too , Rudyard Kipling
- 11. The Soldier Fights , katie
- 12. Young Soldier , Only Yours
- 13. Unknown Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 14. The Soldier (Memorial Day Memorial Day M.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 15. Soldier, Maiden, And Flower , Eugene Field
- 16. Soldier, Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 17. God And The Soldier , Anonymous
- 18. God And The Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 19. The Soldier , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 20. Soldier, Rest! Thy Warfare O'Er, , Sir Walter Scott
- 21. The Death Of A Soldier , Wallace Stevens
- 22. The Dumb Soldier , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 23. A Tale From A Union Soldier , Jeff Fleischer
- 24. ! Soldier Vs Terrorists! , Rema Prasanaa
- 25. Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 26. The Soldier , katie
- 27. Soldier Freddy , Spike Milligan
- 28. Just A Soldier , Eleanor ...
- 29. Hello, Soldier! , Edward George Dyson
- 30. The Soldier , John Clare
- 31. A Soldier , Summer Sandercox
- 32. On A Soldier Fallen In The Philippines , William Vaughn Moody
- 33. Soldier: Twentieth Century , Isaac Rosenberg
- 34. The Broken Soldier , Katharine Tynan
- 35. Any Soldier To His Son , Anonymous English
- 36. Taps For My Soldier , C.J. Heck
- 37. Dirge For A Soldier , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 38. A Soldier , Denise Girod
- 39. The Wars And The Unknown Soldier , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 40. A Soldier Home From A War , David Harris
- 41. The Soldier Boy Lies Dying , Scarlett Treat
- 42. ! Soldier ! , GAYATRI NAMBIAR
- 43. A Soldier To America. , JOSE MURGUIA
- 44. The Return Of The Soldier , Franklin Pierce Adams
- 45. Welcome Home Soldier , David Barlow
- 46. My Husband, My Soldier, My Hero, My Friend , Courtney Lane
- 47. Soldier Going To The War , Richard Le Gallienne
- 48. Oh! He's Nothing But A Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 49. Soldier, Wake , Sir Walter Scott
- 50. Teacher, Soldier With A Pen , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
New Soldier Poems
- What If (2) The Screamer, barry conway
- Two Soldiers-A Play, Rohan Bendre
- November 4,2011, Felix Emeka George
- A Salute To The Indian Soldier, Veer Dhiman
- My Soldier Boy, EBOM TOBE CHURCHILL
- The Soldier of Mictlán, Rigoberto González
- Soldiers, Chukwukere Timothy
- The Tale Of The Lone Soldier, Tarakesh Govardhan
- My Dad, Pius Didier
- Yes I Am A Soldier, spandan dash
- carpe diem