Soccer Poems - Poems For Soccer
Poems about soccer. You can read the best soccer poems. Browse through all soccer poems.
37.0021 Football's new rules
I guess you read the news
about the town – soon to be copied –
which abolished traffic lights...
what happened? Self-preservation,
care, and courtesy have won the day..
while the soccer news this weekend was
that everybody blames the referee..
who’s after all, just the traffic-lights to this game..
suppose we tried the same daring system on the soccer field..
any player who makes a bad tackle
or an inadvertent trip (deliberate ones
would disappear as a mark of shame)
to apologise politely and offer
a free kick to the other side..
the player who kicks the ball into touch
immediately hands the ball to the other side
or at the very least, runs away – both sides
always knowing very well who touched it last..
shirt-pulling and diving would be
such matters of shame that the player’s
own side would stop playing and remain
rooted to the spot until
the culprit offered a free kick..
and any really doubtful events would be referred
to the television cameras for a quick decision;
and all the players might just feel the urge
to applaud and clap a tricky moment fairly resolved?
and at the end of the match,
the players would line up and just like
an international does at the beginning,
shake hands down the line…
while the managers would meet symbolically at centre-pitch,
shake hands publicly on a game cleanly fought,
and even – full on camera – look each other
in the eye..
and we the supporters would feel damn proud
that sport was sport once again, that
football was and is the life-blood of the nation,
and if not more important than life and death
at least a happy occasion of skills enjoyed..
and that, win or lose, chivalry and
the game’s the thing.. read more »
38.She Loved To Watch Him Play
she never missed a practice
never missed a game
sat there watching
yelling his name read more »
39.Is A Soccer Mom A Loser? ...For Sure! , I Betcha!
A Governor of Alaska running not far...
Tried to fire an ex-brother-in-law who drove a patrol car...
A Vice Presidentual candidate will not really rate.... read more »
40.I LOVE! ! !
I Love riding my bike
Playing with my sister
Playing with my cat
And Pizza read more »
41.The Boys F.C
We played our heart
The passion of art
Crafted by combination
Of skills and zeal read more »
42.A Personal History and Mythology of Blue Jeans
In the old movies,
The women wore
Skirts and dresses. read more »
43.My friend, I Should Have Said
He dragged me with him all the way,
and held my hand meticulously to make me stay,
and to appear like he has forgotten that he will never be alone,
but I knew that my place was his house, and his my home. read more »
Soccer is the game of my life
Playing every game like it's my last
One half at a time
Running is how I cool down read more »
Soccer is more than just a sport
It's a common language and
shared by many.
The soccer field is my church, my sanctuary read more »
There is one Latina out there who is very smart
Fa sho she cool, kind, funny and so sharp
With a grande brain she is one of the brightest there is
Celina’s the name, what now kids? read more »
Rollie Pollies under stones,
Rollie Pollies Smith and Jones.
Rollie Pollies have a million legs,
For breakfast they have ham and eggs. read more »
48.How Not to Play War
Early on into World War I,
1914, a Christmas truce,
The fighting turned to sportful fun,
As games of soccer were let loose. read more »
New Soccer Poems
- A Soccer Report., michael walker
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- MAX THE CREATIVE COUSIN, Suzae Chevalier
- Enjoyable@@ Roma vs Bayern Munich live s.., Shohag Kaysar
- Soccer No Sale, Ima Ryma
- GOLLLLLLLLLL, Juan Olivarez
- Dear Friend, Lara Bujold
- I Love you More Than, britney bartelle
- Ere, soccer was all white, Aniruddha Pathak
- For Dad A Limerick, Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- I'm A Strong African, Halalisani ImmaculatePleasur ..
- TREASURES OF BRITISH ARCHES GOLD CIGARET.., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- Poetry And Flowers, Luke Davies
- The Orange And The Green, Allan James Saywell
- MAX THE CREATIVE, Christina Sunrise
- Max The Creative, Suzae Chevalier
- soccer!, katrina stewart
- Soccer world cup 2010, Allen Brodell
- I FAIL YOU, Aldo Kraas
- Middle Class, White Collar, Livin’ in th.., Charlie Parant
- HAIL THE SAINTS!, Mark J. Schulte
- Support! Qatar, Naji Almurisi
- Black Forest, Edward Kofi Louis
- Untitled,7/30/10, Ryan Cole
- The meeting, Gert Strydom
- Soccer Prediction!, Ramesh T A
- 061410B BAVARIAN BABES, Manonton Dalan
- Liberia Plays Soccer, Charlina Daitouah Smith
- Playing on the Playground, Sengthida Lorvan
- I FINALLY HAD THE CHANCE, Aldo Kraas
- MARGARET ALICE SONG, Aldo Kraas
- The National Game Of Australia, Francis Duggan
- The Good Memories Of What Was, Francis Duggan
- Christina (the childhood me), christina iuso
- soccer world, rwetewrt erwtwer
- soccer rollback, rwetewrt erwtwer
- soccer under 20, rwetewrt erwtwer
- sobre horizontes, rwetewrt erwtwer
- soboba, rwetewrt erwtwer
- *FOOTBALL FIELD GEM, Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- Soccer, Courtney Sycowski
- Soccer, jose vega
- ODE TO A BEAUTIFUL WORLD, Aldo Kraas
- soccer, isaiah bess
- THE BALLAD OF “WILLIE, BAR THE DOOR.”, Liam ó Comáin
- So Any Team As Such, Francis Duggan
- Soccer, Monkey 7073
- My childhood, harkjoon lee
- goal, Josef myles
- Soccer, Josef myles
- I Wish That I Could Have Stayed In My Tw.., Francis Duggan
- I Wish, Francis Duggan
- Meaning of Soccer, Luis Baires
- EndAround, Charles Hice
- Soccer Girl, Marilyn Lott
- The Beautiful Game (soccer), Gab Oso
- He loves soccer, vaiah jones
- JOIE DE VIVRE, Aldo Kraas
- Zidane, Irwin and Brock, Christopher Higginson
- socrates' daemon, gershon hepner
- Kick Me...Again, nia imani
- Soccer, BOBo ROBbY
- God Works in Circle, john tiong chunghoo
- carpe diem