Snake Poems - Poems For Snake
Poems about snake. You can read the best snake poems. Browse through all snake poems.
Securely sunning in a forest glade,
A mild, well-meaning snake
Approved the adaptations he had made
For safety’s sake.
He liked the skin he had—
Its mottled camouflage, its look of mail,
And was content that he had thought to add
A rattling tail.
The tail was not for drumming up a fight;
No, nothing of the sort.
And he would only use his poisoned bite
As last resort.
A peasant now drew near,
Collecting wood; the snake, observing this,
Expressed concern by uttering a clear
But civil hiss.
The simple churl, his nerves at once unstrung,
Mistook the other’s tone
And dashed his brains out with a deftly-flung
Security, alas, can give
A threatening impression;
Too much defense-initiative
Can prompt aggression. read more »
2.To the Snake
Green Snake, when I hung you round my neck
and stroked your cold, pulsing throat
as you hissed to me, glinting
arrowy gold scales, and I felt read more »
4.(004) A Snake In My Garden
One night I was in charge of the house
When my parents had gone out side
I was having loads of fun
With the radio blaring and paper planes that glide read more »
At the right read more »
His face was like a snake's -- wrinkled and loose
And withered-- read more »
Down along the Snakebite River, where the overlanders camp,
Where the serpents are in millions, all of the most deadly stamp;
Where the station-cook in terror, nearly every time he bakes,
Mixes up among the doughboys half-a-dozen poison-snakes: read more »
8.man vs wild! .
snake slithered fast across the land,
through earthen clods and burrows,
moving smooth and fast, held its head
lowered, eyes fixed on target the frog, read more »
9.The Boy And The Snake
Henry was every morning fed
With a full mess of milk and bread.
One day the boy his breakfast took,
And eat it by a purling brook read more »
10.A Bear Family
Wunst, 'way West in Illinoise,
Wuz two Bears an' their two boys:
An' the two boys' names, you know,
Wuz--like _ours_ is,--Jim an' Jo; read more »
A policeman stands
knowing his lies
have just destroyed
a life read more »
The snow is white on wood and wold,
The wind is in the firs,
So dead my heart is with the cold,
No pulse within it stirs, read more »
New Snake Poems
- My friend, Jack, Kristen Brown
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Wooden Been Music of The Snake Charm.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- SNAKES IN HUMAN HEADS, ROCHISH MON
- Habitat, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- AN UGLY CIGARETTE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- snake charmer, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 010. The Snake, John Westlake
- Blazing fire is there, gajanan mishra
- Eyes over eyes, Aftab Alam
- A tree, dense and gigantic, Aftab Alam
- Attractive Innocent Snakes, H.M.Usman Dar
- Snake in the grass *, Niki Nicholas Nkuna
- Snakes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Silly Snake, Bree Balzly
- Eye Ssstrain, Ima Ryma
- The Snake & The Apple, Paula Glynn
- Eyes Of The Snake, Randy McClave
- Snakes, Alexander Stojkovic
- Kissing the Fang, David Aoloch Bion
- Poor Frogs., Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- Lion's den, gajanan mishra
- Nameless Snake, Marites C. Cayetano
- Scarry moment.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- If I Ever Was a Snake, october bradley
- SnakeSkin, Dorsey Baker
- a boy and the snake and the tree that cu.., RIC S. BASTASA
- IN THE END, A SAD KING, david gerardino
- With Sdiment From The Mountains, mohamad reza dorraninegad(mo ..
- MUGUDAI, otteri selvakumar
- Dangerous Thoughts, zhiqing wei
- Slither, Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- Kings Of Trash, david gerardino
- Snake, BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA
- the snake, RIC S. BASTASA
- Antivenom, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Twisted as a Snake, Naveed Akram
- Snakes, Dekema Andrews
- UNRAVEL, Aldo Kraas
- imagining the protest of the snake that .., RIC S. BASTASA
- Amach's Intestine, David Aoloch Bion
- Truths may not be truths, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Illusion and ignorance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Snake; an oracle of oath, David Aoloch Bion
- The Snake, David Aoloch Bion
- The Cause of Enmity between Snake and Man, David Aoloch Bion
- The Snake Wisdom, David Aoloch Bion
- SNAKES IN THE GRASS, Edwina Reizer
- In The Garden, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- defamatory, RIC S. BASTASA
- Eyes on path., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eyes on path, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- a dead snake, Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- SNAKE, Aldo Kraas
- # # Plaything, Sonya Florentino
- A Snake, Nyein Way
- True Friends? ? ?, iOXYnoMORON 00
- Snake, Alison Mills
- A Non-Euclidean Rattle Snake, Suchoon Mo_
- the snake, graham russell
- The slithering snake and the cat, micheal scott
- Travel Haiku - Snake River, john tiong chunghoo
- Snake, Kyrsten Gaddis
- moonlight-blessed, Raj Arumugam
- eaten by a python, Nicholas Spandrel
- jail spaghetti, cameron Ellison
- snakepit, RIC S. BASTASA
- Dance of hunger, otteri selvakumar
- Girl and the Snake, Bala Venkat
- .4. Well Rattled, David Threadgold
- .5. Just Slithering, David Threadgold
- carpe diem