Smart Poems - Poems For Smart
Poems about smart. You can read the best smart poems. Browse through all smart poems.
My two grandchildren
always on my nerves
with their smart little pranks
asked me to accompany
to a fair nearby
I promised but as a standby.
Their mother gave a call
all of us zoomed to a big mall
saw a set of Barbie dolls
as lively as present day gals
girls did not budge an inch
till their wish was not fulfilled.
Girls were happy
with great expectations they laughed & giggled
became chirpy and sizzled
their mother too
pride writ large on her face
as Barbies had cost
only rupees two thousand and fifty-two.
Back home Girls’ imagination ran riot
thinking of their buddies
walking, talking & singing Barbies
they wanted to play
but to their dismay
Barbies were showcased
Out of their reach
theirs, yet not theirs
saw their hopes sink
remembered ST Colridge*
“ water water every where, not a dropp to drink”
they could not express
their anger, anguish and distress.
Sensing their shock
least to say
took them to fair same day
they cuckooed with glee
had lot of rides for free
at their back & call
procured various small cute cottage dolls
Just for rupees fifty-three.
smile on their faces
the dumb & mute bounty of their own
with those they could play, walk, sing, talk and relate
and to their friends these could be shown and partake
enjoying their own world of make believe when they can
watching barbies themselves like a dumb and mute
merely listening only two words, “ how nice? how cute”
physical holding of dolls made all the difference
they became alive, agile, innovative and I must say
joy on their faces
made my day.
(This poem is dedicated to all grils below 6 years including my grandchildren Yona & Sia./19-06-2011/Samuel Taylor Coleridge*) read more »
230.A Series of Tubes
That there Internet thingy
is like a series of tubes
All the smart fellas
in the hole world read more »
231.To my charmer...
I maybe ordinary but unlike my words,
my words aren't ordinary at all, you see.
My eyes are hazel shades of other worlds,
my eyes are attraction force, back to me. read more »
232.Temporary health insurance
Temporary health insurance
Temporary Health Insurance... made easy! read more »
233........................................Loves and laws
Loves and laws…
Loves will bend and loves have bench.
Bet my Betty loves in tents.
Hold to be the looks for best. read more »
234.What is perfect?
What is perfect I ask myself is it having tons of freinds, being popular, being smart, pretty, or well known?
I am not perfect then if those are true because I don't have tons of friends, I'm not popular, I'm not the smartest, and I'm unknown to the world, I'm not the most gorgeous. read more »
235.His way of loving
I was there with my void & empty heart,
void of any good or bad feelings,
with a feeling of detachment & dejection
because like others I was not so smart. read more »
236.Nobody has seen anything kicking *
Unbelievable tidings, Day in and Day out
Said by people who knew things that were said, done to them or others
The chorus so loud unlike the deeds
Whose silence reminisce the stink of a corpse read more »
Nothing is ever meant to be
I appreciated you shared a year with me
Coloured my life with smile and laughter
Took for granted I thought it would last forever Nothing is ever meant to be read more »
Please judge me not by my outer shell.
Judge me not from what others tell.
Do not take heed of my skin.
Please, it does not matter if I am fat or thin. read more »
239.Crock of Ages
Crock of ages, not for me
I'm too smart to swallow thee
You're just bunk, you can't atone.
Christian nuts, leave me alone. read more »
The flavor is always there and we are all aware
That the day has begun and lets have fun.
Our cares are few, we're going to the zoo
Laughing and giggling happy and smart read more »
New Smart Poems
- Security’s in cloud, Aniruddha Pathak
- I am smart, gajanan mishra
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Smart Phone, Md. Ziaul Haque
- O Old Man, Looking Smart, Give Me Your F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ! PH Forum Decorum (Social/Political Com.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- Cracker Kingfisher, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Again Not, Morgan Michaels
- THEIR SMART MISSILES ARE NOT SMARTER THA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Smart. But Not Wise, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Italian Angel, Pranav Borah
- Taxi-driver, Paola Degli Esposti
- Laughter Is Smart Enough To, kalpana shah
- Intelect, Macky Yaits
- Driving with Smarter, Ima Ryma
- I am, Matthew Foor
- To My Lost Angel, Rohit Sapra
- (Falling Today) As Less Smart, Rich Downes
- The Loser Girl, Blaire Weiss
- I Am, Justine Welcome
- No sincere for loving, meti Rahmawati
- I LOVE ALL MEN WHO THINK '! .., Yoseph Lupu
- I’m So Proud Of My Murali Boy, Raj Arumugam
- Math, King moe
- Life doesn't always go my way, Emmanuela Petit Frere
- Intelegence, Alexander McCray
- I Know, abi Whitaker
- Pepper | Smart Mouth Poetry / lyrics, Life in a Poem
- Adjoa-Smart, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rondeau, Migel Jayasinghe
- living, Aaron Ladd
- Teachers, julian krone
- Smart women, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Write Something, Bonnie Cote
- Nothing More, Nothing Less, Kellie Teter
- TRIOLET: Unseen View from the Bar Stool, Glenn Bagshaw
- All he wants, Lovely Kayla Bear
- My hero, Paul Prescott
- Feeling matters, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Quill, Kranthi Pothineni
- Warrant, Necessary No Name
- Pretty, Dev Robinson
- An Already Used Phrase, But It's So True, Chandler Yates
- Consultant, Ahmad Arli Hikmawan
- Flirt..., Tara Chettur
- lets hope to change, vijay menon
- Dog/cat, micheal scott
- Sister Loyal And True, Jasmine Robert
- Follow Your Heart, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Fundamental of Liar Chapter XXXIX: All A.., maria sudibyo
- wisdom, andrue finley
- Another Great Reason To Vote Adam Lamber.., Ramona Thompson
- Fall, Lizzie McSuper
- 0127. Being Blonde - Like Me - It's FUNN.., Sunset Moonshine
- Take It to His Heart, Florida Angel
- I Am Gifted, Sonia H.
- Y - hole- 9+2=11, JOE POEWHIT
- Paradox, Fleurette Elaine Harris
- MY BEST FRIEND, Gerardo Reyes
- My one and only hero, ava smith
- S-M-A-R-T, kristyann celello
- TIME TO WAIT, Manonton Dalan
- My Son My Self, bob eichen
- My Niece – Marilese, Michael Knight
- DJ, Samantha Guinen
- Annacadian Jade, tara pickens
- The Smartest ones, Board to Death
- i dont have a tittle yet...., kirilee S..
- non-haiku, RIC S. BASTASA
- teachers, Stardasia Livngston
- Fundamental of Liar Chapter III: Reason, maria sudibyo
- 40 Fox, Athul KrishnaA
- smart, danielle bennett
- can't explain, Fire Angel
- carpe diem