Sleep Poems - Poems For Sleep
Poems about sleep. You can read the best sleep poems. Browse through all sleep poems.
Rock Me To Sleep - Poem by Almedia Knight Oliver
I was moving actively ahead…. Then age threw me of course.
I turned back my head. I want to be transformed or be
made a child for just one day!
Oh Mama! Please come back from the godless ground below
And wash my hands and face like in the far distance times ago
From your kiss on my forehead all worries smooth
Having nightmarish sleep, spells need hugs and kisses!
The same old prayers quell not the fear; need a candle to cast out spells
Rock me Mama… Rock me Mama…Rock me to sleep!
I must keep moving on. This timeworn body; my niche in waiting to hold in urn
“Living isn’t for cowards, ” Mama used to say.
Mama, please make me a child for just one day?
You toiled for nine children, on your own, on life’s way
From pain and sorrow, not one tear welled up in your eyes
Now, six lay beside you: I know you need to rest! Yet,
my frail mind is tired of the dust and incineration of six corpses, and behind,
you left thriving three, looking at one to another to see who goes down next!
Rock me to sleep…Mama rock me to sleep!
One out the three, the child you loved most, loves not self and nobody else! Mama, which one of your nine broke your heart because it was not gold?
One left your cold body in dirt far away…never wanting to see your home beneath the dirt evermore.
Mama please come back to take care of the mess you made before you left…
Mama, I can’t rest…I need you to rock me to sleep!
Oh Mama, why life this way?
Dry these tears from my eyes, smooth
The cares on my brow, color my hair,
and face young.
On this day, before I take my long sleep.
Rock me Mama…Rock me…Mama rock me to sleep!
Comments about Rock Me To Sleep by Almedia Knight Oliver
Poems About Sleep
- 1. Rock Me To Sleep , Almedia Knight Oliver
- 2. What Had Been Touched , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 3. The Best Of All , Gamaliel Bradford
- 4. Sleep , Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- 5. Let Yourself Sleep , Diana van den Berg
- 6. Glen Of Dreams , Seema Chowdhury
- 7. Memory In Dreams , gershon hepner
- 8. Certain People Could Not Sleep! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 9. A Lullaby , Madison Julius Cawein
- 10. Go To Sleep Bird , Tiku akp
- 11. Ostentatious Slumber , Windsor Guadalupe Jr
- 12. Grieving Of Sheep , Francis Duggan
- 13. Play Boy Sleep , otteri selvakumar
- 14. Play Boy Dream , otteri selvakumar
- 15. Lullaby For Lovely Baby , Ahmad Shiddiqi
- 16. Wakefullness, Makes Me Weep. , Michael Gale
- 17. Let Them Sleep! , PHIL WINTER
- 18. No Sleep , Melissa K Vigna
- 19. Haikus / On Sleep , Sarvani Pochiraju
- 20. Dreaming Sleep , kalpana shah
- 21. I Will Put The World To Sleep Tonight , Lisa Blossomdale
- 22. I Can’t Sleep! , Anita Atina
- 23. Sleeping With Cats, Or Trying To , Allan Thorne
- 24. Sleep , Asit Kumar Sanyal
- 25. Eternal Sleep , Steve Ricketts
- 26. Sleep The Sleep , Louis Kasatkin
- 27. Sleep And Soul , Ismim Putera
- 28. Sleep Forever , Walani Ndhlovu
- 29. Sleep , Unic Cjonr
- 30. Insomniac , Winter Coulter
- 31. A 21st Century Lullaby , Claude H Oliver II
- 32. Sleep Oh Blessed Sleep , Bikramjyoti Kashyop
- 33. Sweet Home , yahaya habeeb jprof kayode
- 34. Bedtime Story , Roger Bewman
- 35. Sleep Is For The Dead , Christopher G. Turner
- 36. (089) Insomnia , premji premji
- 37. Angel Of Darkness , kerry green
- 38. Journey , Chloe Coleman
- 39. Unsung Heros , Pradip Dasgupta
- 40. Sleep My Little Girl Sleep , BRUCE MARTONE
- 41. Death , Tony Cox
- 42. Nightmares , susan brealey
- 43. Night With My Love (English Version) , Nhat Thuy Vi
- 44. Precious Sleep , beau williams
- 45. Sleep , Mwende Mutiso
- 46. Sleep Well My Love , James Ferguson
- 47. Oh Lord Let My Soul Rest In Peace , stephen vega
- 48. Serenade , Mary Weston Fordham
- 49. A Restful Sleep , Joseph Wordsmith
- 50. Addicted Till Death , ERNEST CLARY
New Sleep Poems
- Don'T Sleep, Musa Gift Masombuka
- Sleep My Dear..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Sleep Slowly, Emmanuel chibuike ikechukwu
- Sleep, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Blue Moon Orange, Eva Tortora
- I Cannot Sleep, Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- No Sleep, Melissa K Vigna
- Self-Realization - An Irreversible Physi.., Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Eternal Sleep, Steve Ricketts
- Insomnia, AaI Harvey
- carpe diem